Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandywine72

Sane shopping plan for cabinet pulls?

Brandywine72
10 years ago

We moved into a very old house with sleek modern cabinet pulls in the kitchen that look quite out of place. We want to replace them with something more rustic and vintage. Here are my dilemmas:

The size pulls the holes are drilled for are 3 3/4" center to center (96mm). I was hoping to make life easy and purchase from Restoration Hardware but they only carry 3" or 4".

How does one shop for nice looking cabinet pulls? I want to be able to bring some samples into my kitchen to look at actual colors and shapes. I have looked at these mega online stores and sorted by size, but they have horrible return and restocking fees. The ones that don't charge for restocking gouge you by charging $7.95 for each different manufacturer you order a sample from.

How do I get samples in my house of this odd size pull without waiting weeks or months for each sample and then having to pay a huge return fee?

Oy, how I wish the former owners did not drill for pulls in every single cabinet and just had knobs instead. Our kitchen is small and needs 13 pulls - it is a lot of look in this size space and I want to be really mindful of what a buy so it doesn't overwhelm the kitchen!

Comments (3)