Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stie9790_gw

Horton Brasses Bin Pull - Winner!

stie9790
11 years ago

Last week I ordered three mid-range ($) satin nickel bin pulls to compare them side by side and to be able to hold them in my hands (Top Knobs Asbury, Van Dyke's Restorer's Brass Bin Pull, and the Horton Brasses BN-3). There have obviously been numerous posts about bin (cup) pulls and brands, quality, etc. on this forum, but here's my breakdown (imho of course), hopefully it helps somebody:

Top Knobs Asbury - Nice solid feel and weight, actual cup part is nice and "thick". Fake screws on the front. Screws in from backside, comes with 2 different length screws. The top is slightly arched, not flat across. Because it screws in from the backside, these female "receivers" limit the amount of space under the pull for your fingers (for me, 2 fingers max), this was why we didn't go with these.

Van Dyke's Restorers "Solid Brass Bin Cabinet Pull" - Nice finish. Underside of cup was rough/bumpy, maybe it's cheaply cast? I don't know, but this was the major turn off for me. Real screws (from front).

Horton's Brasses BN-3 - Really nice finish. Tabs where the screw holes are seem more "separate" in relation to the cup part than the holes on the other two brands did (those seemed more integral to the pull instead of "tacked on"), but perhaps the Horton one is more traditional. Easy for me to get 3 fingers under the pull. Not as heavy as the Top Knobs, and the cup pull seems traditionally "thin" if you know what I mean (like the really old ones do). Very sleek, and can't stress how nice the brushed/satin finish is. Real screws (from front).

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I couldn't be happier with the service and quality of the horton brasses BN-3 bin pull! I just ordered 14 more for my kitchen. Also, when you order 12 or more, there's a roughly 10% discount which I hadn't seen advertised anywhere.

Below is a pic of the winning bin pull installed on a top drawer in my 75% done kitchen.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES