Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Okay, this one is a little less pink... :)

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 16:00

In my last post, I had a picture of a very pink kitchen, but it was to show the overall layout. The pink was a little distracting for some (LOL) but I think it was a little too small to get everything I had hoped to have in the kitchen, into the space.

So, I went back to a much earlier plan and flipped the kitchen and dining room, mainly inspired by this lovely photo from Romantic Country magazine.

From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

I have ALWAYS wanted a little fireplace in the kitchen (especially in the corner) and french doors. With our cold weather, french doors to a sunporch make the most sense...but I think this will work in my plan.

As for the kitchen, the space is only 12' wide and I really want the wall oven...so the corner sink seems to make sense. With all the windows (!) and mostly just me working in the space, what do you think? The 'island' is a work table that can move when necessary. Also, the table could go into the sunroom, for larger groups (holidays, parties). Thanks for looking :)

Kitchen/dining area is 12' x 23' and this is just a rough drawing...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 22:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Okay, this one is a little less pink... :)

LL, Merry Christmas to you!!

I think that looks like a lovely plan!

I have a FP in my kitchen/dining area, and I LOVE it. Mine is the "dividing wall" between the dining area and the LR. It is a 3-sided vent-free. I need to clean the area up and get some help finishing it from the HD crowd, lol!!

Nancy

o

Cute! You'd better figure out a way to get that FP when the time comes.... :)

Merry Christmas, Lav!

o

I like the layout. I don't think a corner sink would be a problem for a single cook and I kind of like them (though never had one).

What if you swap fridge and wall oven?

Merry Christmas, LL!

o

Nancy- Thank you! I'm glad you like the plan :)

Deedles- I do need to get that fireplace! LOL

Sena- Wow! Thanks for the picture...it looks great! I think I want to keep the fridge and oven 'as is' since I cannot put a sink in the island. With only 12' I want to be able to slide it around to make room for people to get behind the stools. Plus the fridge is closer to the TV and the oven/microwave will be closer to the freezer. Thanks for the purple in the tablecloth, too! :)

o
Sink not in corner...

Fori- Thanks and Merry Christmas to you! I think a few posts got deleted, due to the spam. Good to see you on the forum, too :)

Sena- Your drawing is making me reconsider the corner sink. I love all the windows, but I think the prep space between the sink and range is much better in your version.

Also, in the corner sink pictures I can find, there doesn't seem to be a good place to dry dishes, washed by hand. Maybe this would work a little better in the space....no cabinet between dishwasher and fridge, but more space around sink. Also, I like that the plan is not so formal or symmetrical...corner fireplace, corner windows kind of go with the rest of the existing house! LOL

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 0:49

o

Here's a close up of kitchen...without the corner sink and a plate rack between sink and range.

This post was edited by lavender_lass on Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 22:27

o

Okay, I'm 'stealing' Beagles' plate rack for inspiration...I love the cup hooks underneath. So perfect for fancy tea cups or mugs :)

Does anyone else have pretty plate racks they want to share?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here