Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy6421

Need help choosing counter depth french door refrigerator!

kathy6421
9 years ago

We need to pick out our refrigerator ASAP! The cabinet guy needs the exact specs of the fridge. We are getting a CD FD, but no idea which one!

We have looked at a lot of different ones, and I am more confused than ever! I've done tons of research, but there are good and bad reviews on all of them. I just want a simple CD FD with no ice on door that is hopefully a reliable fridge(if there is such a thing) and that it has a decent warranty.

We were told by two different small appliance stores in the area, that Kitchenaid is really good for a mid-priced fridge, but there are so many bad reviews and I've heard that the SS is a very thing layer that shows fingerprints more than other brands and rusts since it is so thin(that's why it's magnetic). Also read that inside parts(bins etc) are cheap, among other problems. Supposedly, they have a good warranty, but bad service(although, I'd be dealing with the appliance store for service and they are very good).

I would love a black fridge, but am afraid of how they scratch and show spots and dust etc. I'd actually like a textured black, but no one makes them anymore(not a good one anyway).

I personally do not care for stainless and the faux stainless can scratch and rust. But if SS is really better than black...Or is it?...I don't care about resale, since we'll be in this house forever!

Is there a decent CD FD that is at least 22 cu ft, reliable(or at least one of the more reliable ones), good warranty and SS that isn't horrible(fingerprints/streaks). I'd go with non-magnetic SS if need be if fingerprints are not as bad as KA and some others.

I just need to know the most preferred brands. I can't find anything online. Seems like everyone that says they like there fridge hasn't had it very long.

Any help appreciated! Thanks! Kathy

Comments (4)