Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with my kitchen layout design!!!

Posted by gidgetgirly (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 15:45

Hello! Can anyone help me with my kitchen layout design? Here is my existing kitchen:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is the refrigerator wall idea I like. I'd put solid cabinetry to the counter (right of the fridge) instead of the built in appliance shown in the photo:

The door to the left of my hallway is a closet pantry. I'd keep this as a pantry, but make it into a butler's style. It would be recessed into the pantry niche up to the ceiling. I'd love for it to look just like this photo, but solid top doors instead of glass, to hide the food etc. It's the butler's cabinet to the left in this photo:

I'd like my range hood to look like this:

And here is my very crudely drawn example :)

Cabinetry done in white, carerra marble counters, L shaped island with dark wood top. The floors will be dark hardwood. New paint color on walls.

What do you think? Does anyone have any better ideas? Range must stay in that location, but fridge, pantry & coat closet (far right on range wall where the separate door is) can be interchanged.

Thank you so much and I apologize for taking up so much space!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with my kitchen layout design!!!

I forgot to add, the new range going into the space is a 36" Bertazzoni :)

o

Here are the blueprints if that would help at all. Thank you so much!

o

Can you do a layout/floorplan on graph paper, so it's to scale? Your drawing is part layout and part elevation, and without dimensions, and it's hard to keep track of what you want to do to your space, as you show the photos. What you've shown is all potentially helpful, but a proposed layout would bring it all together to make things clearer, and then we can see what your questions and challenges are.

o

Thank you rhome410, I will put that together and repost. I'm very new to all this, sorry I've made it a bit confusing!

o

No problem, just trying to help you get some input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here