Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caseykees

New Counter Tops!!!

caseykees
9 years ago

My counter top was just installed! I love it!! Wilsonart Laminate Italian White Di Pesco with a crescent edge, no backsplash.

My sink isn't installed yet! That's next!!
(Sorry I don't know how to post more than one picture. LOL)

I love them!!

Comments (26)

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No Seam!!!

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My new Kraus sink!

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last one!

• bordenh
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Really pretty - I like the contrast with your cabinets. Congrats!

• HerrDoktorProfessor
    9 years ago

That's really attractive.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

That does look very nice. What's next on your list?

• mgmum
    9 years ago

It's pretty and it looks great with your cabinets!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Nicely done!

• Vertise
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Sure is no seam, lol.

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks! I really like it! We are trying to put the sink in right now. I have a little more painting to do, and when I am done with that, we are going to tear out the floor and put down vinyl plank. And I have ordered my last 4 doors for the sink side lower cabinets from Barker last week. I am currently painting the pantry door and will probably paint the other interior door, but plan to replace those probably after the holidays.

It doesn't compare to most kitchens here that I drool over, but it is a major improvement!!

Oh, and a backsplash, which I'm still searching for. LOL And we need a new window.

This post was edited by caseykees on Wed, Dec 10, 14 at 19:07

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

I think it looks fantastic!

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Lovely! Nice job!!

• crl_
    9 years ago

Really nice. And it goes so well with the cabinets. Yay!

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

Great choice and looks so nice with your cabs, Casey.

I'm so happy to see photos of installed laminate...just wish we could see more! (I've been trying to decide on a laminate for two years to go with my clear finished oak cabs and am getting really tired of hollow core doors and plywood counters.) Seems that I'm a master of indecision, ugh.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

`ci_lantro, if misery loves company, count me in. I have one counter covered in cardboard and particleboard and the others are still sitting there, worn and tired, and I still haven't made a choice. I do know that I'm going with a laminate much like yours. I've brought home several chips that I thought would work only to have them look b.l.a.h. next to cabinets.

After all the sturm and drang I've read here about seams, cracks, differences in color, and on and on and on, I doubt I'd ever invest in natural stone. I won't say never, but if I ever do, I will be present at every step. I love your choice!

• lam702
    9 years ago

We chose laminate for our redo and have no regrets. Much as I love the look of stone, I wanted a low maintenence, tough counter and the laminate fulfills that need. Your laminate looks so pretty with those dark cabinets. There are so many colors in laminate today that it is hard to choose one. The light counters and dark cabinets are a beautiful combination.

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our new Kraus sink and Delta faucet are now operational!!

I would LOVE soapstone counters. But not in this house or this kitchen. Even if I completely gutted my kitchen, the value of my house would not justify the soapstone.

Also, I am not in favor of anything that I have to worry about sealing and the like.

I had the counters made at a local guy who specializes in laminate counters. With the installation, it was 1,028.00. That was with the crescent edge, which I love. It was the only estimate I got though. I tried a couple of other places but never heard back from them. I didn't want a seam in the corner, so I didn't want to go to HD or Lowes. I am very happy with them!! They fit my walls perfectly, because he did the sink cutout and the scribing yesterday during installation! I was worried about that with not having a backsplash!

• practigal
    9 years ago

This looks absolutely wonderful. Enjoy it!

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Laminate counters have sure come a long way.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Yes, they've come a long way - and gone a long way back! What's not to love about some of these retro designs?

Here is a link that might be useful: retro laminate

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Casey- they are beautiful! Love the 'no seam' shot. Congratulations!!

• diymom79
    9 years ago

Nice job caseykees. Did you pay extra for the no seams? Did a box store do the install or a private cont? We are looking at hd or lowes I picked the Wilsonart spring carnival or Formica Crema Mascarello with white shaker cabinets. We will go with whomever give us a better deal.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

love it! great you got it w/no seam too.
    I was gonna ask how it'd look w/ bisque appliances...then I remembered that my cabinets are much the same color. That be too much in one space. It'd all fade into one creamy/beige cloud!

• caseykees
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It was a private contractor that made and installed them. They specialize in laminate counters. I am not sure of the total square (or linear?) footage but the tops were roughly $500, and $200 for the crescent edge, and $400 for installation. it took about 4 weeks for them to make them. For anyone in Rochester, NY looking for laminate I would definitely recommend them. They are Countertop Creations, on Maple St. I will admit though that I'm not sure how the prices are compared to anywhere else because I didn't get any other estimates. I was going to get one from HD, but I had trouble with them on a floor install a few years ago that kind of soured me on them. But they are putting in a new kitchen window for me in a couple of weeks.

I love my counters! They do have a little more brown in them that I would have liked now that they are in, but I can live with it and still think it looks nice with my BM Wrought Iron lower cabs!

• Brooke Drakesmith
    7 years ago

im thinking about doing the italian white di pesco. Could you please post more pics!!! im so worried i wont like it against my espresso cabinets. i worry that my counters will look so white.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz