Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

Cookies - Oh my - LOL

a2gemini
9 years ago

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, the thoughts of cookies permeated the air.

Armed with my new SLT silicon rolling sheet, GM's rolling pin with the new SLT guides to keep the dough an even 1/4 inch, Silpats and pans are jumping with glee as it is time for cookies to leap to the the oven.

On to the web to find the best rolled cookie recipe and ready to roll, I popped the ingredients into my KA with glee. The recipe said to repose the dough for an hour(or overnight) in the fridge.

Now to Dasher as waited 2 hours for the dough to harden. Rolled out the first ball and discovered the dough needed more time but not to be defeated as time was running out - I jumped to the top of my cabinet and pulled out DM's press cookie maker.

Just because the dough is not hard enough to roll... doesn't make it easy to push through a small cylinder. I cranked and cranked and pressed down on the device and little turds popped out - but a little time and practice, I was able to find the right dough temp.

Now - sprinkles all over the kitchen and pan - cookies are ready to jump into my squeaky clean Wolfie. First batch is done and quickly surmised - the sprinkles are all over the Silpat - oh no. No chance of re-use of the Silpats and quickly put into the sink for later..

Leaped up to the cabinet above Wolfie and yanked down some parchment sheets with glee. Oh no - the cookies won't stick to the parchment paper - so on to another solution.

On to my BBB imitation Silpat and pressed out those babies and used my bread spatula to pop onto the parchment sheets and into the oven.

Cookies are done but nothing impressive. Guess I will stick to my drop style cookies for now. Maybe SLT, WS, or Zings will offer classes for next year.

Have a wonderful holiday.

A2Gemini from Ann Arbor

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!