Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microwave Drawer Pictures

Posted by chris82 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 15:36

We bought a 24 inch Sharp Microwave Drawer Model KB6001NS.
As of now, we are going to install it in a 30 inch cabinet. Will this look bad?

Please post pictures if you have this model installed.

Also, this model is the the 1.0 capacity. Has anyone had any issues with fitting normal items into this drawer?

Much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microwave Drawer Pictures

Ooh! Let me take this one!

I had decided on a 30" drawer, and had a 30" cabinet built for it. After taking delivery, I decided that the 30" MW would be too close to my super susan next to it. I decided to switch to a 24" MW, and just slid it over in the cabinet. (I modified the frame my cabinet maker built to hold the MW drawer.)

I was going to get a door front or pullout for the resulting 6" hole, a la what laxsupermom did:

However, I wound up really liking the little cubby hole, and left it uncovered! I use it to store cutting boards. It is really handy. Here is a picture before I got the drawer front on the bottom:

Photobucket

You could, of course, put 3" fillers on either side of your MW drawer, but where is the pleasure in that? ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: more pictures of laxsupermom's MW drawer solution

o

Thank you, did your microwave fit without having to cut the back of the cabinets out?

o

Chris82 - here's our 24" MW in a 27" cabinet:

From Drop Box

o

Yes, it fit. It is, IIRC, just over 22" deep, sized to fit standard 24" cabinetry. Have you run into a problem with the depth?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here