Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sojay_gw

Layout for induction AND gas cooktop?

sojay
11 years ago

Does anyone here have a single-burner induction unit? I'm contemplating combining a 110V single unit and a 30" gas cooktop. Ideally I wanted the Bertazzoni combined induction and gas cooktop, but can't get 240V into my island which is on a slab. The island is 60" double sided.

First, about the cabinets:
Should I put in a 42" cabinet to accommodate both the gas and a built in induction cooktop, forcing them to be close to each other? Or should I get two 30" cabinets with the consequence of limiting future upgrade to a 36" unit, and at the same time forcing the gas unit all the way to the edge of the island? Should I center a 30" cabinet with space for two 15" cabs on each side? I'd prefer all drawers. Right now I have a 30" unit in a 36" cabinet.

Second, about the induction unit:
110v induction units are rather inexpensive, but most are intended to float on the countertop as a small appliance. I'm afraid of the look adding more clutter. But the built-in ones have hardly any reviews, and it's a commitment with the cutout in the countertop.

Any advice? Anyone with experience with 110V induction units? Are they as good as the full size ones?

If you have a countertop (removable) unit, do you have a way for it to appear 'purposefully positioned'?

Comments (2)