Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aprilmack

Refrigerator Compresser Needs Replacement

aprilmack
9 years ago

Hello all,

I writing here first because I just don't know what my course of action should be.

After planning for a kitchen remodel for years it was finally completed a little more than two years ago. Our refrigerator was not cooling properly so we made a service appointment with Sears. We were just told that the compressor is bad on our refrigerator.

I know that refrigerators don't last forever. However, I did think that it would last more than 2 years (3 years if you count the time that it sat in the box in the living room during the planning of the remodel.)

We have a 20 year old refrigerator that we purchased from Sears that we'll have to use. We just aren't in a position to buy another refrigerator.

I'm just really disappointed that Sears put the Kenmore name behind this piece of garbage refrigerator that we purchased. My assumption is that Sears won't do anything to rectify this situation but I'm surely going to write a letter to them so they are aware of this problem.

I'm even more disappointed (and I know it's petty) that when we purchase a new refrigerator it won't match the other appliances.

I'm just really upset and near tears.

Comments (5)