Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fullajesus_gw

our new Kitchen (pics)

fullajesus
16 years ago

A big thank you to all on this site that have shared your beautiful kitchens. I've gotten lots of inspiration as I've quitely been surfing the site, learning from you. I'm loving our new kitchen. Thanks Buel for walking me through how to get these pics on the site.

Cabinets: Painted Maple: SW Softer Tan with a smoke glaze

granite: tropical brown

Island and hutch: Maple, stained SW Fruitwood

granite: Star Beach

Faucet: Satin nickel finish with stainless sinks

Hardware & Lighting finish - oil rubbed bronze

Walls: SW Macadamia,

Trim: SW Antique White

Floors: forget brand, but Tuscan Valley collection in Adobe Sunset

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pics

Comments (28)

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

oh gorgeous! Looks like it belongs i n a magazine.

• jenna_j
    16 years ago

Wow! I had to log in just so I could comment on your amazing kitchen. Enjoy your new space, it's gorgeous. :)

~Jennna

• janwad
    16 years ago

Gasp. Promise me you'll never cook in it, nor let children and dogs off leash. That's seriously gorgeous and professional looking!

• kitchenchaos
    16 years ago

Wow so beautiful!!! Love Love Love it!

• sedeno77
    16 years ago

WOW!!

• rosie
    16 years ago

Lovely and perfect for gathering and celebrating the holidays. Many happy Christmases.

• DYH
    16 years ago

Oh my! It is SO beautiful! Happy Holidays in your fabulous new kitchen.

Cameron

• Buehl
    16 years ago

It's gorgeous! I'm glad I could help get this kitchen posted!

I like your gingerbread house, it reminds of the ones my children did in 5th grade... I love the fireplace!

• akshars_mom
    16 years ago

Wow is all I can say. You island granite is beautiful.

• marthavila
    16 years ago

You MUST be full of Jesus when you walk into that kitchen!:) What a fantastic job!

• cindylou2006
    16 years ago

Very lovely! I especially like your island and choice of mixed finishes. Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

• alku05
    16 years ago

I love the mix of finishes too! Great choice on the island countertop! It's a perfect example of how choosing the right granite can pull everything together perfectly.

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Very nice! I can't help noticing you have painted trim except the windows (and stained doors). I've been struggling with wanting white trim, but not wanting to paint my stained windows. I really like your combo and am now thinking maybe that's the way to go!

Very nice!

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

That is wonderful! Love everything about it.

Congrats!

• fullajesus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the comments! I really like the mix of stained windows with other trim painted too. I was concerned but just decided to stain the windows first knowing if I didn't like it, I could always go back and paint them. My kids (1, 2, & 4 years) are breaking the kitchen in really quick. I'm enjoying cooking much more now also. Marthavilla, i got a kick out of your post!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

It looks so inviting--love the range alcove!!!! I would seriously be itching to cook there!

• vwhippiechick
    16 years ago

Oh it's so warm and inviting. What a nice mix of finishes. Great job.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

Fullajesus, your kitchen is .... B E A U T I F U L !!!
    I only hope mine turns out as well. It truly is warm and inviting, and oh ... so ... beautiful ... (sigh).

• bbtondo
    16 years ago

Your kitchen is my inspiration kitchen! I LOVE your cabinets and granite, and everything! You sure have great taste. Have a wonderful Christmas in your new kitchen!

Barb

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

Be still my heart! Wowza!! I love everything about it, especially the cabinet finish and that drop dead gorgeous granite! Congratulations :)
    Monica

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Okay, so I took another tour of your pictures and realized your layout is so similar to mine! It's larger, of course... but it's very representative of what could be done here to change things up and maybe expand. Thanks for the inspiration! If you happen to know them, would you mind sharing the dimensions of your area? (Kitchen, Eating, Family Room?)

Again... a very lovely space. Every inch!

• dd70
    16 years ago

Just beautiful, we share the same taste. My cabs are due in two weeks and they are almost identicle to yours. Can you tell me what your backsplash is, the vision I had for my kitchen is just what you have, it looks like old brick. Seeing it with the cabinets just confirmed it for me. Can I also ask what edge you chose for the kitchen counter.
    Again, stunning. Lots of luck with it and congrats!

• flowerp
    16 years ago

Simply Beautiful... Congratulations!!!

• fullajesus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Creekilys, I got my plans out to get the dimensions and here they go: The kitchen/hearth/breakfast area is all open to each other. The kitchen cooking area is 12 x 15, hearth area & breakfast area together are 13x 29. The family room is 20 x 23. It's really open. This is the area we really live in. I wish you the best with your plans!
    DD70, The backsplash is a tumbled stone...the lightest one they had to offer, in a brick shape. I thought it might be too light, but there's so much variation in the color, that it really warmed up once it was on the wall. The small 1 x 1 stones are from the same tumbled stone family, just a darker brown. I did two rows of the 1x1 stones near the bottom. I took that backsplash from a picture off of thisoldhouse.com Thanks for looking at mine. I got so much inspiration from this website & am so thankful to everyone here for sharing their kitchens!

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post your dimensions. I really appreciate the help (and inspiration!).

• dd70
    16 years ago

I cant STOP looking at your kitchen, I hope mine turns out half as good. Thanks for the tile info, I found a site on the web that has them, I will have to go out an see them in person.

• karencon
    16 years ago

Yowza!!!!! That's awesome. I'll have one of each.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

Bump ...