Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
joint lines in white painted cabinets

Posted by marzena (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 14:55

This is a question for all ladies with white kitchens. Since hairline cracks will develope in time at the joints , what do you do? Do you still love the cabinetry or you wish you made different choice? We are in the process of deciding which finish to pick. Please tell me what cabinet brand, and style you have, and how big the cracks are if any?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: joint lines in white painted cabinets

The cracks are very, very thin and you only notice them when you are looking for them and up close. I don't really notice mine until I am cleaning off a stain.
If these hairline cracks are something that would bother you, then this might not be the choice for you.

o

They never bothered me really, but if they do you bother you, you could contact a custom shop. They can do continuous run so there are no seams.

o

If you're using white or antique white you can also just buy some white or antique white painters' caulk, and it helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here