Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Design question. How to handle decorative light rail?

deedles
11 years ago

Thinking about a cloud lift light rail like this one in Ships4u ('s, s', s ?) beautiful kitchen.

How does one handle a light rail like this across a long expanse of cabinets and a corner? I have 2-30's and then an open corner shelf. Would you run a long rail from the corner to the end or keep the cloud lift just under the 30s? Would you have a separate 'cloud lift' under each cabinet?
Where the cabs turn the corner there is the other half of the open shelves and then a cab, range hood and the other cab, how would you do the rail on either side of the stove? Would it be best to have the cloud lift under each cab and then switch to a non-decorative rail under the open corner cab and then resume the cloud lift under both 30's OR one under each 30? It seems out of balance to have a 21" rail under the left of stove cab and then a 40" one to the right all the way to the corner.

The peninsula uppers are the area in question:

(anyone that read my backsplash thread... still playing with options but I like this little inset tile idea with the bird tiles..but that's OT)

thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm