Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Whitehaven- Removing any little gray marks

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 14:32

We have one tiny mark... I think I remember reading Bar Keepers Friend is a good product to remove them? Just want to make sure before I get some! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Whitehaven- Removing any little gray marks

Also... is it okay to use the green side of scrubby sponge to get out little spots of stuck on food, etc? Or will that dull the finish?

o

Blue scrubbies are a better choice - less abrasive.

o

ZUD works well on grey/metal marks. Powdered cleanser (also avail in liquid version, like BKF does). BKF might work, too.

o

I have to use BKF on my Whitehaven every time I wash a copper pot that has scrubbable crud in it......works well!

Nancy

o

Do you like a powdered cleanser or liquid? Is Soft Scrub similar or no?

o

Here's a link to an article on the retrorenovation site that has some information about what's best to use.

Love your whole kitchen, 2LittleFishies, including the sink!

Here is a link that might be useful: cleaning products for Kohler enameled cast iron

o

pentimento- Great info, thanks! And, thanks for the kind words about my kitchen : )

***Does anyone recommending using the sink racks at the bottom of sink for protection? Or are they more in the way than anything? *****

o

My first Kohler cast iron sink received a weekly cleaning with Clorox Gel Toilet bowl cleaner for 10 years and still looked like new when we renovated. Our new Kohler receives the same treatment. As for the gray lines I find they fade over time.

Sink rack fan here! Kohler's accessory rack is pricey but the quality is great.

There are a few threads on this subject. Here's one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink rack thread

o

Toilet bowl cleaner - that is a hysterical! But it sounds like it makes sense that it would work. Hmmm...

I use barkeepers friend and the pink scrubby (more gentle scrub) sponge. Works well and gets rid of the grey marks.

The racks help, but I find sometimes the racks make marks when I move them to clean under them! That said, I love my racks because it acts like a nice place to set down colanders, etc. My food and colander stay clean, with my food prep crumbs and scrapes have fallen below the grates. So I'm a fan. I stick the racks in the dishwasher once in a while to get them sparkling again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here