Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rbpdx

White Kitchen Reveal

rbpdx
9 years ago

This is my second kitchen reno with the help of this forum and I'd like to thank all of y'all. I've learnt so much from my first and and who knew you get to learn more the second time around. The demo and the finished took 4 weeks +.

We didn't do major footprints change, but we convert from electric to gas range. The biggest splurge is changing the floor.
We have a budget and it went over a little. We did a lot of purchases from Amazon (sink, sink tip, soap dispenser, knobs and pulls)
Flooring and tile was purchased from local shop (a sales rep who works there is a great help with color)
Appliances was bought from HD and Lowes (Whoever has it cheaper)
We swapped all the trims with white squarish look.

We have a GC that we worked with, he's great and have a good sense of color/design. He did a few things that were not right but he fixed it (see my post re trim work)
Sorry for several posts due to multiple images!

Details:
Before:
The house is built in 1972 and the majority of the kitchen was original (cabinets)
The previous owner has upgraded the countertop to quartz but didnt change anything else (maybe appliances)
We keep banging out head on the upper on the peninsula and it was such a closed-off space.
We kept the dishwasher (it was working right and the stainless steel appliances have black accents that complement it)

After:
Peninsula to Island, remove soffit and build up upper. Remove banister from front entry. Flooring upgrade throughout from entryway to dining to hardwood floor.

Cabinet & Counter - We chose Chinese Cabinet provider (We had IKEA in mind but it was too much work for us) Countertop was also provided by the shop. We are happy with the way it turns out I know how 'bad' they are perceived in terms of quality but it works for us.
Backsplash: 3x6 porcelain white tile with Dolerean grey grout.
Faucet: Hansgrohe Talis C Kitchen Faucet
Sink: Granite sink MR Direct 848 Black TruGranite Single Bowl (Amazon) it has to be modified since our sink base is 33'.
Foam Soap Dispenser (modified the tubing from HD instead of buying neverMT)
Sink tip - Rev a shelf (Amazon)
Air switch - inkerator (Amazon)
Hot water - Waste King (Amazon)
Garbage disposal - Waste King (Amazon lightning deal)
Cabinets knobs and pull : (from Amazon)
Cups : Cosmas 783SN
Pulls: Amerock BP53005-G10
Foam Soap Dispenser
Towel holder (end of island) Liberty Hardware P01022-SS-C 544/624mm
Flooring: Cronin Birch CD Natural
Appliances:
OTR Microwave - JVM6175RFSS
Samsung Gas Range - NX58H5600SS
Lighting/Electrical
Pendant: Westinghouse Nickel with Brown Swirl Glass Bell Shade
Can lights (Costco retrofit LED trim, 6 inches and 4 inches - above sink)
UC lighting and dimmer (from Homedepot)
Leviton USB plug in for 'communication central'
Corbel for island (from HomeDepot)
Paint: Sherwin Williams Accessible beige

Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions!

Comments (17)