Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abd1_gw

Almost Finished White Kitchen

abd1
16 years ago

Here are some pics of our nearly finished kitchen. Thankfully it was complete enough for us to host Thanksgiving, and everything worked perfectly.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=4zy6eoe.81rx99fe&x=0amp;y=ctg9da

Comments (14)

• patches123
    16 years ago

Very nice! Please tell us the cabinets, counter and paint information.

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

Looks wonderful! I'd love to know about your great backsplash, please.

• marthavila
    16 years ago

That is a really nice kitchen! It has a pretty yet unassuming charm to it that I find especially pleasing. Great job on creating a warm and inviting, functional and most attractive place for preparing meals! Please do share on the details.

• jenna_j
    16 years ago

So pretty! I love the pull outs by the upper corner cab. what a great idea. Enjoy your new space. :)

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Really nice! Very clean, spare lines, but not sterile at all. Enjoy it!

• rhome410
    16 years ago

That's quite a personality change! (Although I have to say you had the older style looking quite spiffy before, and I am not a usual fan of those types of cabinets.) I especially love your new backsplash and faucet. It all looks great. Enjoy your new kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: direct link to the kitchen photos

• raehelen
    16 years ago

OK People,

Gotta put a disclaimer that the first pictures are the 'Before', for those of you who don't have such bad kitchens to start off with! :>)

Very nice, love the granite! What kind is it?

Your baby is SO adorable!

• amck2
    16 years ago

Congratulations on the completion of your new kitchen. It must be very gratifying to cook and spend time in it after all the disruption throughout the remodel!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your backsplash and granite bring a nice touch of individuality to the space, without overpowering it. Enjoy!

• oldhometara
    16 years ago

Beautiful kitchen (and beautiful baby too)! I especially like your backsplash. How long did the reno work take?

• abd1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. Its our first renovation project we've done and we pretty much GC'd it ourselves. We're very happy with it and proud of it as well. Here's a list of the materials:

Cabinets -- Ikea; Stat door. We went back and forth on these, but once we priced them out it was a no brainer. We saved thousands and we love them. The drawers fully extend and use blumotion glides that self close. They're a great bargain, and if we ever get tired of the style its a minimal investment to replace the doors and cover panels.

Counters -- Kashmir White granite. This was one of the things we were able to do because of the money we saved on the cabinets. Its hard to photograph the granite, but we love it because of the "flowiness" of the bluish-grey graining and how light it is. Originally we were going to go with black or something dark but we thought it looked too heavy and institutional.

Backsplash -- Susan Jablon Mosaics (www.susanjablonmosaics.com) beach subway glass. I think the color is blue grey sky or something like that. We love these and love Susan's stuff. We were going to make a blend, but we thought it may look too busy with the granite. We may use her tile again when we redo the bathrooms.

Sink -- Blanco. I really wanted to use, and bought, a Ticor but it didn't fit by about 1/8". We love the big single bowl.

Faucet -- Belle Forte. I know nothing about the brand but we wanted a single hole, single handle, pullout faucet and it was only about $200 online. So far so good. We also got a Waste King 3/4hp disposal, which is one of my favotite additions because it absolutely liquifies anything in 2-3 seconds.

Range -- Bluestar 30" RCS model. Again, because of going with the Ikea cabinets I was able to upgrade to this range and I absolutely love it. I love to cook and this range is awesome. I'll be putting up a more in depth write up soon in the appliances forum, but if you want a cooking machine go with a Bluestar.

Dishwasher -- Bosch shx46a05uc. Again, we went with Bosch after deciding on the Ikea cabinets and we love it so far. Very quiet, looks great, and cleans great. We now just scrape off the plates and put them in and they come out sparkling. It is a little smaller inside but the fold down tines really make loading it easy and flexible. The worst thing is the small silverware basket, but we were able to have 12 people here for Thanksgiving and it wasn't an issue when cleaning up.

We still have some more finishing details to do, and I'll post the final pics once its done.

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

That is beautiful. I LOVE kashmir white. It looks great with all you other choices.

Congrats!

• abd1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

To answer a couple of questions...

We started demo on Labor Day weekend, and got the kitchen to this point the weekend before Thanksgiving. However, we spent weeks waiting for our contractor to begin after demo. Labor Day was just the best time for us to get that part done. If we didn't have weeks of waiting I think realisticly we could have been done in 1 month. The biggest thing we learned is that the most time and aggravation is over inches, or even fractions of inches. I can't tell you how many minor, and major, changes had to be made because of fractions of inches. Yes, Joshua is very happy with his new kitchen too!

• User
    16 years ago

Well I really think the before kitchen is great just like rhome . I love the open shelves. You have a great one now too but...Beautiful Baby.

• decodilly
    16 years ago

Ooh- love the glass tile! Also the granite choice. Very nice!