Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Best Wishes to All

oldbat2be
11 years ago

Before the craziness starts (and because I just can't wait any longer) I wanted to share our holiday card. To those grammar sticklers out there, you'll get a chuckle out of knowing my printed card message included an extra 'S' typo, along the lines of: 'From the OldBat2BesS.' Fortuitously, no-one has noticed (or, noticed and commented).

Best wishes to all for good times with family and friends!

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 22:16

Comments (17)

• localeater
    11 years ago

oooh, naughty, naughty dog.
    Merry Christmas to you OB2B, and to all GW'ers a peaceful, wine filled night!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

that's a very naughty dog...

My pup is staring at the stockings hung by the fire....she knows hers. (and it's empty right now, by the way) She just sits there and stares. It will be hard to get her to go up to bed tonight.

Merry Christmas to all!

Bee

• amykath
    11 years ago

That is GREAT!!!! Thanks for sharing. Too cute!

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Love it, oldbat! Makes me feel a lot better about being an utter failure in keeping my cats off the counter.

Tell us how you set up the photo shoot. Assuming this isn't common practice in your kitchen. :)

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to all.

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

I LOVE it! Reminds me of the old Animals on the Counters thread. Thanks ob2b, laughing feels so good these days!

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Very cute! How could you ever be angry with that face and the bow is the icing on the....bone?

bee-I keep my dogs stocking up until the morning of also. She loves to snoop and it would be way too much for her to handle waiting if she could smell treats that were in reach!

Merry Christmas to all!

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

(Don't you sort of wish there was the ability to see what a post was, before it was edited? Just corrected my own misspelling of my name, ack!)

Thanks localeater, aktillery, cheers!

Bee, you know how that super white of yours etches, better make sure to start now to train your pup to stay off the CT's :)

AnnaA, linelle - there were a couple of photo shoots, and yes, this was definitely triggered by the "animals on counters" thread. I originally wanted to do something like this for my reveal but couldn't wait that long. Let's just say the first shoot was a bust (hate to blame it on the model, but sheesh!) Then we received a juicy bone from the in-laws and decided to try again. (I use the term "we" loosely, in the majestic plural). Second time around, both the model and photographer were happy.

And for those who worry about dirty countertops, don't worry, I used my trusty sponge to wipe up afterwards! (Tongue very much in cheek, Best, oldbat2be).

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

P.S. AnnaA - thank you for noticing the bow.

Autumn4 - Thanks, of course, he's actually a very good dog. We don't do a stocking for our Shepherd but have some nice marrow bones in the fridge waiting for tomorrow (and a standing 4 rib roast planned for the main meal). Hopefully the nice merlot demi-glace will be acceptable with the latter?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas to all! I think our bears are attacking all treats tonight- at least that is what DH claims!
    Safe travels to all. Waiting for grand nephews to arrive!

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

I love it!! We had prime rib tonight and both our GSDs were standing at the ready to clean up anything that might be dropped.

Merry Christmas!!

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Love it! Merry Christmas all!!!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

awww sooo cute! and we get to see a close up of that beautiful backsplash again too! feliz naughty dog to you too!

• petra66_gw
    11 years ago

No chance of getting my 2 black devils to pose for such a great picture, so I'll just leave it at: Feliz Navidad, a Merry Christmas to you all! xPetra

• springroz
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!!

LOVE the card, ob2b!!

DH actually got the hood mounted yesterday! All I need is the vent connection and the chimney part mounted! The pork roast is in the oven, so it wil be nice and warm to work there today!!

Nancy

• belterv
    11 years ago

Do I spy a Tervuren??

• deedles
    11 years ago

Uh, how on earth did that big lunk even get up there? He's a beauty, though! Merry Belated to everyone!

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Congrats on the hood Nancy, and especially on tackling it yourselves!

belterv - Just a long haired Shepherd.

deedles - The question is not how did he get up on the counters but how to keep him off of them :)

Thanks, glad everyone got a chuckle out of this. I tried to get a family group shot yesterday with everyone up on the counters but oddly there was little interest.