Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharburk

FINALLY got my chairs.. (Photo)

sharburk
16 years ago

It took me forever to get my chairs. I saw a photo in a magazine of some chairs that I liked, so had them copied. The solid fabric is ultra suede, I'm hoping they hold up to the family dinners. I feel they were worth the wait. SharB

Comments (21)

• kbmas0n
    16 years ago

They are gorgeous! Definitely worth the wait. They really compliment the room.

• plllog
    16 years ago

I spent years looking for chairs, so can relate.

Yours are beautiful!!

• sarschlos_remodeler
    16 years ago

Gorgeous chairs! I love the contrasting fabrics and the nailheads. I'm jealous you can get away with such lovely chairs. My family would have mysterious goo all over them in minutes! LOL.

• polly929
    16 years ago

I love those chairs- but as sarchlos said above- it would be minutes before there was goo all over them- I'm in the opposite boat- I can't find a table- where did you get yours?- I love trestle tables- but can't find one around where I live.

• mnhockeymom
    16 years ago

OH, OH, OH, I LOVE THEM! They are beautiful - you did very good for yourself!!

• sharburk
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. Plllog, you understand? Chairs are hard.. The photo of these chairs in the magazine didn't tell me where to find them. It just said "Owners chairs". My guy did a good job of copying them.

I'm hoping that the ultrasuede will do as it's supposed to. "Easy to wipe off spills".. We'll see. I would never have gotten these when my four children were living here. I used to buy vinyl and anything that could be washed with strong cleaners. I now have 14 grandchildren, so they will be tested..

Polly, I got my table at the Laguna Design Center in Laguna Niguel, CA. It was custom made. They had one in the showroom and I tweeked the size a little. .. SharB

• xoxosmom
    16 years ago

So pretty. I love your dining room.

• sedeno77
    16 years ago

Gorgeous room - enjoy!

• iambpt
    16 years ago

Love the chairs AND the built-in hutch on the far wall. Can I ask if your dining room is open to your kitchen? (it looks like it might be... not sure). If so, do you have pics of the kitchen you might share. The scale and "feel" of your dining room is similar to mine & we're in the planning stages of a gut-job :) can't wait! My GOAL is a d.r. that looks like yours... just lovely!
    beth

• sarschlos_remodeler
    16 years ago

With 14 grandchildren, you might want to invest in some plastic seat covers for their seats. :-) Grandmas can get away with that. Just kidding. They are absolutely beautiful, and I will have to check out the Laguna Design Center next time I'm shopping for furniture.

Not sure if you've checked it out, but there is a great consignment store near the Harbor Court house off of Main Street between Irvine and Newport Beach. They get stuff from all over -- estate sales, model homes, etc. Being a consignment store, it's hit or miss, but I have found many nice things there for good prices.

• sharburk
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beth, yes the dining area is part of the kitchen. My kitchen is posted in the Finished area. I will put a link at the bottom.

Sarschlos, Thank you for the tip on the consignment store. I love them and will definitely check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen

• try_hard
    16 years ago

I saw your photo and said (out loud to no one in particular), "Wow". Love that dining room. And the chairs are gorgeous!
    try_hard

• iambpt
    16 years ago

"sharb"... thanks so much! i love your kitchen too! Ours will eventually combine 3 rooms (dining, kitchen and a small library) and i'm trying to envision what it will look like. It is of particular help to see your cabinetry in the adjoining rooms. We had some design students do plans for the kitchen and both seemed afraid that there would be TOO MUCH cabinetry if i did it in the dining room also. I guess i envision two china-hutch-type pieces on either side of the floor-ceiling windows. (and possibly also cabinetry on another wall as well.) At any rate, your pics gave me some ideas! In addition, i like the position of your range (48" or 60"?) on an angle. I'm trying to figure out if i might be able to make that idea work... hmmm... so many ideas, so little time!
    beth

• Buehl
    16 years ago

The chairs are wonderful...definitely worth the wait! I love your kitchen and now your DR! I need you to help me find furniture for my DR and help figure out paints for the entire house!!! ;-)

Great job!

• plllog
    16 years ago

Yeah, Sharb, chairs are way hard! I've had mine about 6 months now but don't have any pix. I like the way you've combined the beautiful pattern with the practicality of ultrasuede (it is a form of plastic, so with some care should stand up to the grandkids). Love the heartshaped back too.

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Oh. My. Gawd.

Your house is GORGEOUS!

(sigh).... someday for me perhaps.

Congrats on the chairs and everything else!

• sarschlos_remodeler
    16 years ago

Sharb, when I looked at your link, I realized I've been drooling over your kitchen for weeks! Do you happen to know the dimensions (including the DR)? Also, who did your cabinets?

• sharburk
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sarschlos, Sorry it took me awhile, I had to remeasure. My kitchen/dining area is roughly 20' x 30'.

I'm attaching a link to my cabinet company below..

SharB

Here is a link that might be useful: Premier Custom-Built, Inc.

• madaboutkitchens_gw
    16 years ago

sharb, i love your chairs and also your sectional! your kitchen/dr has given me lots of ideas for my (much smaller)space :). it looks like your sectional is slipcovered? can you tell me who made it and if you are happy with it?
    thanks so much!

• sarschlos_remodeler
    16 years ago

Thanks, sharb! I'll check them out. Any chance you can tell me how you got that fabulous range in the corner (and how much space it took to do it)?

• sharburk
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Madabout,

Yes, my sectional is slipcoved and also the two wing chairs. Almost all of my furniture ends up being slipcovered! I like change.. I ordered the sofa years ago from Century Furniture with a Ralph Lauren chambray fabric. The blue faded immediately. I then covered just the cushions with a multi color pastel plaid. Got tired of it and went downtown LA and bought the fabric that is on it now for $7.00 a yard. I have a girl who makes all of my slipcovers and pillows for me. The beauty of slipcovers is that they can just be taken off and washed. My dog got sick recently and I had to wash one cushion cover. I washed the whole thing after our remodel. The girl that does my slipcovers washes the fabric before she sews them.

If my new dining chairs end up getting dirty and they can't be cleaned, I will slipcover them also. It's also good for a change. I could see doing just a solid white duck fabric for the D/R chairs, maybe one that completely covers the arms and has a short skirt on it for summer.

Sarschlos, My range is 48". I think it was pretty critical measuring for the space and the adjoining cabinets. They measured, added the wall in the back on the diagonal and luckily had ordered the cabinets correctly. I was worried it might be a problem, but it worked. I had quite a bit of space to work with, but did not have a lot of choices for the space for the range. The only other place I might have put it would have been in the island.

SharB

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz