Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homechef59_gw

LG Viatera Rococo for Countertops

HomeChef59
9 years ago

I went to the stone yard yesterday. I wanted to look at their Danby Marbles and to see Ceasarstone London Grey and Frosty Carina in person in slab format. The Ceasarstone had been recommended to me by my kitchen designer as the best faux marble she had seen to date.

I didn't like the Ceasarstone products at all. I found them either too grey or bland. I think I am attracted to stronger movement. So, when I saw them in slab form, I eliminated them.

While waiting I saw the LG Viatera display. The sales lady pointed out the LG Viatera display. She thought I might like to see them as slabs, too. I liked the Minuet, but I really liked the Rococo. The Minuet was nice, but didn't have a lot of movement. The Rococo on the other hand had a lot of movement.

I can't find any mention of the Rococo on GW. I took a picture of the sample next to my cabinet color. For contrast, the picture is taken on a very used marble countertop at the shop. I liked it even more in the slab form. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture as a slab because the slab was covered in a film with red labeling all over it.

I loved the Danby Montclair, but I still hesitate to take the plunge. The slabs that I saw had such sharp definition in the veins. I work my counters hard. I was going to go with absolute black, but I've changed my flooring to natural black slate tile and I don't want to go with dark counters.

My flooring lady, who also is a GC, said that LG Viatera was a little difficult to get. If I wanted it I should order it well in advance. It's manufactured in North Georgia, just up the road from me.

Does anyone have any experience with the LG Viatera products? Has anyone installed the Rococo?

Comments (22)

• HomeChef59
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are some samples that were sent to me. They are 2.5" by 2.5".

• chitown_mary
    9 years ago

Rococo is one of two "marble-like" quartz recommended to me on GW, pecisely for the reasons you describe. The other one, Viareggio by Difinit, is distributed by Terrazzo & Marble in Chicagoland (and one location in So. Cal).

I don't recall seeing any installs of either on GW.

Here is a link that might be useful: Difiniti Viareggio

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

It's one thing liking movement on small samples and quite another when it's horizontal over a large stretch of countertop.

One reason you don't see very active stones in magazines very often. They take over.

Not to say they don't have their audience. Obviously, they do. But scale is definitely something to be very, very carefully considered. Proceed with caution.

• catkin
    9 years ago

How's your search going, Chef? I'm also considering the Rococo but have yet to see any in person. I do like the samples you posted, though. Thank you for sharing.

• zkgardner
    9 years ago

Any idea on price per sqf for this? It's beautiful.

• chitown_mary
    9 years ago

Congrats! Please post pics when you get it installed. Can't wait to see the reveal.

• cmanley33
    9 years ago

I too am choosing between Rococo & Minute. A friend had minute installed on a huge island & I loved it. Thought she had marble installed with 4 kids! I think they are both a lovely alternative to marble. I have also seen a granite called Supreme White that looks similar to marble (at least in pics).

• HomeChef59
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am such a chicken. I decided against real marbles. I found some slabs of Cherokee White that was gorgeous. It's quarried in Tate, Georgia. I'll attach a picture of this for those who have never seen it. But, I couldn't commit a crime against it by putting it in a kitchen.

My husband loved White Fantasy granite. After looking at a lot of pictures of it installed, I decided that it was too busy for my taste. I was afraid I would get tired of it.

I think the LG Viatera Rococo, while less busy than White Fantasy, would have too much movement.

I've ended up where I started. Black Absolute. It always draws me in when I look at pictures. I've had it before in a previous home. I know what I am getting into. I've just got to decide between polished and honed. It's one or the other depending on the day of the week.

I think the LG Viatera Rococo is lovely. It's been hard to find in slab size. I think I was given a ball park estimate of $65-70$ per square foot installed, 3 cm, simple edge. They were large slabs. I was going to need two. I have estimated 70 square feet of counter top.

The picture is of Cherokee White Marble

• M F
    9 years ago

We just put in rococo and are very happy with it. I am no photographer....

close-up
    {{gwi:2141862}}

3'x7' island slab
    {{gwi:2141863}}

unfinished kitchen
    {{gwi:2135976}}

• Michelle
    9 years ago

I'm planning on rococo on my island in my new build. Glad to see it gain popularity. I think it's gorgeous!

• lauralocks19
    9 years ago

For those of you that went with rococo, what backsplash did you use? Thanks!

• slk7e7
    9 years ago

We are going with Rococo (well, 95% sure...) and a white subway tile backsplash. I know it's so popular right now, but I can't help it. It's what my Pinterest dreams are made of.

Here's a great thread in case anyone here hasn't seen it: [Houzz Thread on Rococo[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/has-anyone-installed-lg-viatera-rococo-dsvw-vd~937322)

• diymom79
    9 years ago

The Rococo is beautiful guys. You are all very lucky and will have amazing kitchens!

• MizLizzie
    9 years ago

Wow. That Rococo is really good looking. My favorite faux-marble to date. I'd do it in a minute. With beveled white subway tile. Yum.

• plander389
    8 years ago

I installed the Rococo December 2015. I love it and receive compliments all the time.

• kim R
    7 years ago

I need help! LOL I am having a difficult time trying to pick out my counters and backsplash. I want a light, airy kitchen. We don't have a lot of natural light, so I am going for white. This is a picture of a kitchen that makes my heart sing. I think we have finally decided on Rococo for our counter- since we wanted a marble look. So-- we are thinking about getting a mix of crackle tiles to try to recreate the backsplash in this picture. Yah or nay?

• plander389
    7 years ago
    Love my LG Vitara Rococo.
    It's very easy to live with, cleans easy, never a stain, it's neither too shiny or matte. Movement is not too much but I don't have a huge kitchen. My cabinets are a blue grey and my backsplash is tongue and Grove wood painted the same color as the cabinets, with French iron hardware. My home has Satillo tile laid on the diagonal throughout. It's sort of a English/ French farmhouse that's not crisp and new looking. It's lived in, homey, full of antiques that I love and tons of books. It's set back off the street on 6 acres with a gravel drive. The Rococo works with anything! I used a simple straight eased edge.
    I would not worry about the movement. It just blends.
  • homechef59
    7 years ago

This was my original post. I've had the Rococo for almost a year. I'm very satisfied.

Plander389, Looking at your inspiration picture with the tile backsplash, you might consider the Minuet. It has a much lighter vein than the Rococo. The table and the countertop in the picture look closer to Minuet to me.

If you look through the doorway to the backsplash in the pantry, that looks different from the kitchen backsplash. If you selected a solid backsplash as featured in the pantry, I would use the Rococo. The pantry backsplash is quieter and would not fight with the stronger, deeper vein.

• plander389
    7 years ago
    I love my Rococo and had no trouble getting it. I live above Atlanta.
    I like everything about it. If you want plain get something else but if you love Carrera marble but don't want the issues of marble Rococo is your answer.

There are a lot of people in and out of my home including decorators. I always get compliments. I knew it was for me the moment I first saw it in a display at a National Alpharetta, kitchen and bath store. They had a huge counter of Rococo. LOVE.
    I have it with a 36" Shaw Farmhouse sink. The minuet would have had too little contrast with my sink. Stainless appliances. Painted cabinets.
  • Jean Miner
    2 years ago

will a Benajomin Moore Simply White shade of paint look good w/ the Rococo quartz we have chosen ( and lily white candleight cabinets?)

• HU-989015962100
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

While I loved Rococo, my kitchen has north-facing windows and is dark, even with white cabinets. I decided to go with Lumina also made by Viatera. The veining isn't as dark as rococo and I have been thrilled with it. It has a bit of beige veining, as well as the gray and goes just as well with my wood center island as it does with the white cabinets. https://www.lxhausys.com/us/products/viatera-quartz-surface/lumina/3007