Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khills28_gw

Looking for faucet recs please!

khills28
13 years ago

I need to buy a new kitchem faucet for our new counters that will be installed in a couple weeks. Here's what I have in mind:

- Pull-down

- stainless (brushed not chrome)

- 1 hole only (don't mind if it comes with a soap dispenser though since I won't have to use it)

- trying to stay under $300

Anyone have any good recommendations? Or anything I should stay away from?

As always, thanks in advance!!

Comments (23)

• cigi_2010
    13 years ago

I could have posted this exact thing. I have to decide on and have the faucet in hand by January 5! Looking forward to seeing what suggestions you get!

• xand83
    13 years ago

We got this Danze recently, in stainless steel, and installed it last month. It has worked well. Ridiculously good water flow. Nice pull-out with spray option. The only downside, I would say, is the light plastic spray button. It works fine, but it is the only black plastic, so it contrasts with the rest of the faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Danze pull-out

• davidro1
    13 years ago

I would go to a couple small hardware stores to see what they have that is not highly marketed elsewhere. Some of these might be good deals, some might be low quality plastic with unavailable parts and servicing. I would take notes and web search later to see if an interesting one is from a "good' company or from the big bad Asian conglomerate that doesn't seem to make spare parts available.

The web sites of the big stores (Lowes, HD, Costco etc) usually have local search.

A pause button on the hand spray is a good feature. It can be instructive to see the responses received after sending a single question by email. I might send a standard email to Kohler, Ikea, Delta, Moen, Elkay, Jado, American Standard, Peerless, Price Pfister, Barclay, Franke, Blanco, Hansgrohe about this feature. I think the Kohler Simplice has a pause button.

Sometimes plastic parts are good. It is oversimplified to say that only metal will do. At http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets.htm they say to avoid any and all plastic parts. It's a good article, and it links to a listing of 20 or 30 faucet manufacturers and a subjective rating.

If the handspray is plastic inside under a "stainless" metal coating, you may notice a slight difference in hue between the handspray and the body, a brass tube coated with the same "stainless" metal coating, but the results are not 100% the same. For the price you named, you cannot get all-stainless.

The Tosca might be ideal. I have not seen it.

• adh673
    13 years ago

Mine will be installed tomorrow, but I looked for something similar. I went with the Delta Leland single hole faucet in stainless. It was I think about 175. My husband really liked the magnetic thing in the delta heads. It wasnt as pretty as say the danze opulence or the vinnata, but overall a good package I think.

• ptyles
    13 years ago

I have a Kraus in stainless. So far so good. It installed very easily, the button to switch from spray to full stream is easy to use and I really like how it looks. This isn't where I bought it but wanted to just give you a link so you could check it out.

http://www.improvementdirect.com/kraus-kpf-2130-sd20-stainless-steel-pull-out-spray-kitchen-faucet-with-soap-dispenser/p680395

• davidro1
    13 years ago

I just saw a KRAUS for $300 on Amazon.
    Single Lever Stainless Steel Pull-out Kitchen Mixer.
    100-percent solid stainless steel construction.

When I search for faucets, I use "swivel spout" as key words to get interesting results.

• khills28
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the responses!!

I too like the fact that the Delta pull-outs have the magnets. The Leland one is good looking, but I rather only 1 hole, so I need one with the handle attached, not seperate. The link below is a Delta I kinda like.

The KRAUS is gorgeous, thanks for that rec. I've actually made a couple purchases from that website (Improvement Direct) and was very pleased with them. Think I have a 5% off coupon code too!

Are brands like Delta and Kohler still good? Mid-range? Do any of thier products have solid stainless construction?

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta

• Noma Finney
    13 years ago

Just wanted to mention that the Leland also has a single hole option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Leland 9178-ss-dst

• khills28
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks nollie_gardener! I couldn't find it when I was searching (probably didn't try hard enough!)

What do you guys think of the one in the link? How does solid brass compare to solid stainless?

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus

• davidro1
    13 years ago

solid stainless will cost you more than your budget.

instead of hunting through every web site, and missing some,
    prepare a standard email and send it to the companies.
    == Just say very little: E.g. " single hole, pull-down, similar in look to ABC and YXZ, with spray that has .... What have you? .

they will all respond.

• khills28
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great tip davidro1, thanks!

• blonde1125
    13 years ago

I bought the Delta Leland in ORB from Faucet Warehouse. They had the best price, shipped fast (I got in in 2 days) and were super helpful on the phone.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

I have a pull down Danze. I have not had any problem with it. Danze's customer service is excellent, I had a problem with another product and they immediately sent a replacement. Their warranty is lifetime.

• momqs
    13 years ago

We have the Grohe Minta - we got it for $384 on the web - $431 and then we found a 10% off coupon - oneclickdirect.com has it for $419 and then you can apply the coupon.

We adore this faucet if you are looking for something modern. The function and user experience is excellent.

The super steel is the brushed version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Super Steel

• johnnyl53
    13 years ago

We got the Kraus KPF 2150 which is similar to the 2130 that ptyles linked to. The 2150's style is slightly similar to the Kohler Vinnata but not as fussy.

At Overstock it's $299 but you can get a 10% coupon that beings the price down to $269 which is what we paid.

It is 100% Stainless except for some of the parts in the spray head, but the head itself is stainless. some faucets have a plastic spray head that is coated to look like metal. It comes very well packaged with braided stainless supply lines. The hose is not braided stainless but is a heavy duty braided nylon.

This faucet is beautiful and heavy. Close or slightly over 10 lbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Krause 2150

• numbersjunkie
    13 years ago

We have 2 of the Kohler Simplice -LOVE THEM! And they didn't break the budget.

• tontam
    13 years ago

Just had my Kohler Simplice installed last night and I'm so glad I made the decision I did. It was between the Kohler Simplice and the Grohe Ladylux3 (cafe) - what sold me on the Kohler Simplice was the locking spray feature (plus I think the metal hose on the Grohe would have driven my husband crazy).

It looks great too - not too fussy, just simple & elegant.

• cigi_2010
    13 years ago

numbersjunkie or tontam, I was looking at the Grohe Ladylux 3. Now you have me thinking about the Simplice. Would the shorter 14 3/4" secondary faucet version work for the main sink? The Ladylux is the same height. A really tall faucet won't work for me. Thanks!

• tontam
    13 years ago

Hi cigi - I would think so....some places will allow you to bring it home and try it (that's what I did)...it gives you a better idea when you actually see it in your own space.

Or I saw someone on here suggest that you make the faucet out of coat hangers and tinfoil to give you an idea of whether it work or not.

Good luck :)

• cigi_2010
    13 years ago

Thanks, I have made a decision 5 times and then have waffled on it each time. Who would have thought something as simple as a faucet choice could be so frustrating? I chose my granite faster than I am choosing a faucet!!!

• jessrae
    13 years ago

I LOVE my Brizo Venuto. It's stainless, pulldown, and only one hole, but it's a bit more expensive. I got the touch feature, which I didn't know if I'd like, but I love it (except when I'm hand washing big pots. If I bump the pot against it, it'll mistake the pot for a touch and turn off which can be annoying!) It's also available without touch, which would help with the price tag. I also love the magnet in the pull down so I don't have to deal with a drooping faucet head.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brizo Venuto

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

I bought my faucet totally on a whim. Haven't installed it yet, so keeping my fingers crossed. It's the Moen Lancaster. I like the looks of it, and I got it Sam's Club for $119.