Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift for foreman or contractor??

Posted by p.ball2 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 13:53

So the holidays are approaching. I have a general contractor and a job foreman who have been really fabulous. Patient, neat, good quality work, on time, good communication......no complaints. They started our job in September and will probably wrap up in February sometime( so we are quite familiar with each other at this point).

Here is my question- should I give them a holiday gift such as you would give your mailman or cleaning lady or hair stylist? Should it be simple since I am already paying him?

What have people done in the past who had contractors in their home during holiday season?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift for foreman or contractor??

My STBX GC DH was always surprised and pleased when this would happen. He's received a bottle of wine, some homemade chocolates, a T-shirt with Maurice Sendak characters on it, and a few other things.

It's a very nice gesture, but not necessary. It was definitely the thought that counted.

o
RE: Gift for foreman or contractor??

pball - Hi! I am planning to give something to the foreman and his son who do 99% of the work on my remodel. They've been working on my job since last Nov so we are pretty familiar with one another too. They do great work, are polite, patient and just very nice. I've been trying to discreetly ask about restaurants they like, etc. and plan to get them each a gift card.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here