Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

Tyler Florence's kitchen for sale

jakkom
10 years ago

...along with the rest of the house, of course! There two photos of the kitchen in his $1.995M house for sale in Mill Valley, CA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow: Tyler Florence home for sale

Comments (13)

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Attached below is the full listing.

I love the concrete countertops with the embedded oyster shells and the ogee edge, plus the built-in butcher block. The views are great and the whole house seems quite charming.

I'm surprised with the lack of overhead ventilation (downdraft?) Range enthusiasts might note the Viking range and fridges. Really thought the wine fridge could be relocated to another area to open up some counterspace next to the range.

There is a lot of open shelving throughout. The dishes are in the DR in what appears to be "pseudo-open" shelving. (The lower racks in the DR actually seem to have glass doors, but look like open shelves). They look beautiful, but I think I'd need a butlers cart to unload the dishwasher(s) if this is day to day dishware.

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Listing at Site

• Bunny
    10 years ago

This was on SFGate.com this morning and I almost posted it myself. I was happy to see he keeps his roll of paper towels on the counter.

• zeebee
    10 years ago

Beautiful house and a great kitchen. I love the wooden knife block/butcher block and the tiles behind the range. This looks like a nice, warm kitchen that gets lots of use. In addition to the paper towels on the counter, note the (*gasp*) bottles of soap and the distinctly unpolished copper pans.

• M_N_A
    10 years ago

there is no range hood?!

• zeebee
    10 years ago

Could that be a pop-up down-draft at the back of the range?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Hrmmph, MNA! I have been vindicated on range hoods!

I love love love the hutch in the DR

And the way they decorated the front porch. I might steal some of that look for my vestibule.

I don't know the location, but speaking from this coast, it doesn't seem crazy pricey.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Id be surprised if he has a downdraft. There was one in the kitchen here, and I cooked with it once, when we stayed here one weekend after closing and before our GC got at it. The blower wreaked havoc on the gas flame. Unusable.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

It's in a very upscale and pricey town - so I was surprised by the price too. I think it must be quite small (in square footage).

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Mill Valley is really nice. Normally the real estate features are houses in the City for twice that amount and are butchered MCM Victorians.

• Gooster
    10 years ago

It is 2,523 sq feet, 5 BR/2BA on a 8,799 sq ft lot, per the listing info. It seems competitively priced, relative to the other open listings; in parts of the Bay Area, especially in SF, properties are slightly underpriced with the expectation they will go for over asking. (Yes, I know how crazy this sounds to many people given the state of the real estate market in many parts of the country).

Mill Valley is really nice, with the wooded sections that inch their way up Mt Tam.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

I was surprised by the price too. For 5 BRs, it seems fairly competitive, but it only has 2 BRs which is actually not very many considering that one is probably the MA and the other would have to be used for all other BRs and the FR, DR, LR, etc. I would bet, knowing Mill Valley, that the layout is a bit wonky. The house is probably fairly old and has been added on to, making the layout somewhat less desirable. For most of the nice Towns/Cities around here, things are priced at about $1,000/sf, so this does seem underpriced.

That butcher block and knife holder is amazing!!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

This is now on the blog HookedOnHouses, where she links to a lot more info.

The kitchen is used for filming, thus the lack of the hood (noise). They use a motorized skylight. There are details in the sfgate features on the home.

Here is a link that might be useful: HoH Feature

• deedles
    10 years ago

Wow, gorgeous house. Love that black (or dark green) tile behind the stove. Want the sign over the doorway.

I wonder if their chickens are being sold with the house?