Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cold Water filter

Posted by weiss528i (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 13:16

We are now ready to purchase and install a cold water filtration unit in our new kitchen. I do not want a combined hot/cold water unit.

What type of unit should we be looking for? single cartridge? ... double cartridge? Which brand unit?

Looking for your recommendations ...

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cold Water filter

I can't believe no one has answered this. Do a search for under the sink water filter. I think that's how I found some great recommendations. I may have searched on google by putting in that phrase and gardenweb.

I put in one of the cheaper recommendations, a two stage Smart Water from the big box store.

o

It depends mainly on what you want to filter -- how bad your water is and what you want to filter out.

Other considerations are how much room you have for the filter, and the change of pressure at a given flow rate.

In my own case I wanted general filtering and chlorine abatement, had lots of under-cabinet space, and wanted the smallest flow restriction possible because I was putting the filter on the cold water for my prep sink. From
WaterFilters.NET I got

20-BB 1" Whole House Water Filter System
RFC-20BB - Pentek RFC-20BB Carbon Filter (20" x 4.5")

which has worked out well. WaterFilters.NET has a good range of choices.

o

I've posted on my GE under sink inline water filter many times. It's cheap, easy to install, water tastes great, filters are conveniently found at the orange box store where I bought the unit, and it's very low-tech. Below is a link to an internet search with threads discussing these types of filters, including my comments. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous water filter posts on Internet search

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here