Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp_gw

Kohler stages 33' sink in an Island

muskokascp
13 years ago

Someone has this sink in their island and I can't remember who it was. Looking for the picture and details before I place my order - if it's yours please raise your hand :)

Comments (7)

• clcg
    13 years ago

After looking at the White Moon quartzite from pictures posted here, we decided to use this quartzite for the counters along with Shaker White Icing cabinets by Schuler, Kitchen Aid appliances, Lewis Dolan frosted glass knobs, a Kohler faucet, Arabescato marble for the back splash, and a Brillia circular hood. The oak floor are to be refinished soon. The appliances are such a treat and the cabinets give us both a great deal of extra storage and easy access to items we need. We had no idea just how much help the large drawers would be. The improvement of use, lighting, and feel is huge!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen before & after

• muskokascp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Can anyone remember who has this sink in their island?

• carecooks
    13 years ago

I don't check here much anymore but I have this in my island. I love, love, love it. Not sure if it's the one that you're thinking of but here's the picture.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Care

• carecooks
    13 years ago

I found one more picture and my review from a few months ago. Nothing has changed except that I found that white bowls that come with it are great for soup, sauces and all kinds of serving. I use them all of the time.

Here's the review..

Kohler Stages 33 sink used only for prep

The best thing ever! It keeps the work space compact and clean. You have everything in one place, cutting boards, water, knife holder and that stainless steel shelf. Squeezing lemon juice into a bowl, do it on the stainless shelf. Carving chicken on a cutting board, do it on the shelf. Anything spills you just wash it away. Not only do the cutting boards that they give you fit snugly into the ridges, but so do my old cutting boards and my half sheet pans fit comfortably on top. I have a colander made to fit into a sink that I got at Whole Foods years ago (similar ones are on Amazon). It fits! (Update: Found a Kitchen Aid sink colander at Costco last week Dec. 2010) I can't do this sink justice. Every day it makes my cooking prep easier and more efficient.

Cons: Very minor. I'm not in love with the sink grid that came with it. But that's just personal. Also the prep bowls are too heavy for prep I think, but they're great bowls so I still use them for other stuff.

• muskokascp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Brilliant ! Your're the one Care. Thanks for reposting.

I am so so excited about this sink I can't even wait!
    It will be another month anyway before I have cabinets and counters but I am still excited. I figure I will be leaving the wood cutting board in place for the majority of time - do you find this as well? Do you use the storage rack for the accessories under the sink? I'm thinking of putting a trash pull-out cabinet (18") under the shelf portion of the sink which means storing the accesories elsewhere, but that works for me. Is there room under the shelf to do this? Do you have a trash container in the island? I'm curious about the handpulls on the bit to the right of the sink and range- are these pull outs or just a towel holder? Sorry for the barage of questions :)

Love your kitchen and all the great use of space!

• carecooks
    13 years ago

Muskokascp,

Glad that I could be of help. I'll try to answer all of your questions.

1. Yes, I leave the wood cutting board in the sink. You kind of have to because it is really large and heavy and takes up too much space under the sink for me. Plus it's nice having it ready to work on.

2. I do use the accessory rack but not for the accessories that came with the sink. I've taken a picture to show you what I have under there. I bought a compact Insinkerator disposal but it still takes up some room. So be prepared for that.

3. I measured under the shelf area without the accessory rack. It's 27". With the accessory rack it's just about 12 1/2". From the base of the sink to the bottom, it's about 20".

4. I don't have a trash container in the island. It's almost right behind me. If you look at the picture with the back island view, you'll see the toaster. Just to right of the toaster (as you're looking at the picture) there's one drawer and then you can see the pull of the trash container drawer just beneath it. It's so close that it's easy to use for both the island and for scraping dishes before washing them. I find that if I have a lot of garbage, I just use a stainless bowl or plastic container at the prep sink and then turn around and dump it in the trash. It so easy to put the container in the sink just below the cutting board. You can sweep the garbage right into it!

5. The drawer to the right of the stove is a 6" pull-out that I use for vinegars, oils, soy sauce, etc. I didn't make any big goofs in my kitchen but I made a couple of small ones. And here was one of them. My original plan had a rangetop with drawers beneath it. Then I switched it to the whole Bluestar range. I forgot to move the Oil/Vinegar pull-out away from the stove. (I could have put it to the right of the drawers next to the sink instead of to the left of them next to the stove.) The stuff in there does get a bit warm so I only keep one oil there and the rest are vinegars and stuff.

The small pull-out is a 3" that holds my smaller spice containers.

You may notice that my Bluestar has black instead of orange knobs in the last two pictures. They were taken before the orange knobs arrived.

I love talking about my kitchen. I'm thrilled with how it came out both in looks and function. So if you have any other questions, fire away.

Good luck!

Care

• bickybee
    13 years ago

Care, can you please tell me what hood you have and if you like it? I am also looking for an island hood for my Bluestar rangetop.