Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertops for u-shaped kitchen

Posted by tinan (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 13:04

We have a wrap-around style kitchen, which is a separate room with a window to the dining room. The countertops are bumpy tiles that I hate, so I'd like to replace the countertops with something inexpensive (less than $500 for the whole - total 44 sq ft) but a bit nicer, and easier to keep clean - bumpy tile with grout is a real pain to even wipe crumbs off!

We've looked at the Ikea countertops and HD and Lowes have lots of nice looking laminate in stock too. However most of them have pre-formed edges, and with the "window" to the dining room I don't know how this would work with the laminate that has built in one edge - and some have built in backsplash too.

Any suggestions on how to handle the window area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertops for u-shaped kitchen

Tiled counters are indeed a beast of their own! Do some online research for laminate counter fabricators, they can give you any edge you are looking for and will work around the pass through opening you have. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here