Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kompy_gw

Budget Shoppers/IKEA Shoppers

kompy
10 years ago

FYI, Shiloh Cabinets has introduced an entry level framed line that is fully assembled. It is called ASPECT. I was curious how it priced out against IKEA. Here's what I found:

IKEA AKURUM (codes are ASPECT)
W3030 w/ glass door
W3030
A2430 (angled corner wall)
W2130
W3015
W3030
B30
B18 W/ WASTE (NOT OFFERED BY IKEA)
SB36
36 CORNER BASE W/ SUPER SUSAN
B9 W/ TRAY DIV (NOT OFFERED BY IKEA SO PRICED B12)
30" POT/PAN DRAWERS
U1584 W/ ROLLOUTS (4)

IKEA AKURUM WAS $3098
SHILOH ASPECT WAS $3920 FULLY ASSEMBLED
Full overlay shaker style door w/ soft close drawers

We finally received our door samples and we are very impressed with the Aspect line. For such an inexpensive product, it looks amazing....in both the stained finishes and the painted finishes. See photos attached.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Aspect Cabinetry by Shiloh

Comments (14)

• smiling
    10 years ago

Wow! That looks beautiful, and the shades of white paint look very nice, too. I'm already in the middle of assembling/installing an Ikea kitchen or I'd stop and very seriously consider those. Especially in the white painted Shaker style, they will give Ikea a real competition!

(Just as an FYI, you can do a 12, 15, 18, or 24 inch pullout w/ Ikea and they sell the waste cans that fit perfectly.)

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Kompy that's incredible. Is this similar to the quality of sequoia? How much do you sacrifice in quality from shilohs main line? Or is the price low because there is less customization on size and limited finishes?

• User
    10 years ago

Thanks very very much from another budget kitchen hopeful, with neither skills nor time nor space to assemble kitchen cabinets myself! Which Ikea door did you compare it against, the prices vary some. Is the hardware comparable to Ikea - Blum as an option at least? Also, can you speak to how it might compare to other less expensive offshoots of major cabinet brands - the shop I'd been dealing with has pushed Cabico's Espresso line? I liked that possibility because it was frameless and my kitchen is really small!

Thanks again for being such an incredibly helpful resource.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

Probably good idea to check out the hardware before coming to a final decision. That is one of the places that Ikea cabinets seem to excel as far as reviews I've heard/read.

• User
    10 years ago

Sorry - duplicate post!

This post was edited by smalloldhouse on Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 19:07

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Kompy, hope you don't mind one more question. Did you price out with the full extension drawer upgrade or just the hettich silent close?

Sorry I'm excited as this may save me from putting together 15 boxes for our in law cottage :)

• northcarolina
    10 years ago

Just for clarification, which Ikea door style did you price? Akurum is only the cabinet boxes (no doors or drawer fronts). There can be a big difference in the total cost of an Ikea kitchen depending on the door style chosen, with Harlig being the least expensive and Abstrakt the most.

• kompy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am a fairly new dealer of Shiloh and I never got familiar with Sequoia.

I just priced Akurum on the Ikea website. So, I guess then I just priced the boxes? I didn't price any doors.

This narrows the spread even more.

• kompy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ps. I can't recall the standard guide on Aspect. I think it's Hettich Quadro on a plywood dovetailed drawer box. It is soft close and either full extension or at least 7/8 ext. I'm off for holidays so am not near my spec books. I'll check the website. I remember my co-worker commenting that their standard guide was fine and actually better than the upgraded guide they offered.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

> So, I guess then I just priced the boxes? I didn't price any doors.

No, they only price them complete on the site, so you must have included doors. There's a pulldown menu on the page for each cabinet where you can choose the different door styles.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Writers. Usually the adel in medium brown is the default option on ikea when pricing.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Kompy thanks for taking the time to reply. Happy holidays!

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

Kompy - thanks for posting. Just sent a request to find a dealer. This would be perfect for the kitchenette in my rec room!