Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

I peeked and I know what Santa is bringing me :)

gwlolo
11 years ago

It was unintentional but I happened to look at my Amazon account and it looks like I am getting a Magnum pepper mill and a salt mill and some himalayan salt from DH :) I am so thrilled! I had purchased the pepper mill for a gift earlier in the year after getting feedback from here, and it is nice to know he remembered me lusting after it. I have never used fancy salt before, so I have to explore all that. What fun!

So did you peek?

Comments (9)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

How exciting.
    I love knowing in advance. I get all excited.
    If I don't know, I don't care.

You'll have fun with those babies!

• alex9179
    11 years ago

Fun!

I didn't peek, I picked them out and bought them :) I'm getting two pendants for my kitchen to replace some ugly lighting. I might be getting a new oven(s), soon, too! All on clearance because they are wants and not needs, but I love getting deals!

• kailuamom
    11 years ago

I am the same as alex9179 - I don't need to peek..... I know all about the Breville juicer and coffeemaker that the Amazon fairy has delivered.

I love the amazon fairy!

I got over hoping for him to get it right ages ago. Sometimes he did. But, why listen to him explain why the Krups is just as god for half the price? So much easier when the things that I really want (if i have a specific want) show up at the door.

• christine40
    11 years ago

I'm getting the Emeril Pro-Clad set from Bed Bath and Beyond with free cast iron skillet! Can't wait to use them!

Oh yeah--and today I got a new water softener and was told our well pressure tank is about to go--so happy new year! I love when expensive items go right around the holidays!

• 1929Spanish
    11 years ago

We gave each other a remodel earlier in the year, so we don't get gifts at Christmas. We just get to put our our gifts to good use cooking and entertaining large groups of people. Wouldn't want it any other way!

• springroz
    11 years ago

I think I am getting a storage bench for the foot of my bed....just because DH sent us out to the car while he paid for a couple of ornaments we found!!

This thrills me, because I adore this man's furniture, and wish I had found him years ago so I could have more pieces. It is some pretty stuff!!

Nancy

• marcolo
    11 years ago

I don't need to peek. I just forget everything I picked out. In fact, my birthday presents came as a complete surprise even though I was standing right there when we bought them. Getting older has a couple of small perks.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

GW-you will love that salt. Another one I recommend is Celtic Sea Salt--Light Grey Celtic-Coarse ground,it is delicious and nutritious.

The gift I ask Santa for every year is a Hess truck. Last year I didn't get it b/c of my dear SIL's death 1 1/5 weeks before Christmas.
    The reason I only want a Hess truck is that it is inexpensive and difficult to find. If you don't have a car you must travel all over for hours by train or bus because they sell out the day they go on sale(the day after Thanksgiving). Many can walk into a jewelry store but for a Hess truck you must work at it ! That's the point. Yes I'm proud to be a child.

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

Santa made a deal with us this year, he's going to pass us by completely! :(
    But... he is promising to return sometime in February or March, and bring his "super sleigh" loaded with a BlueStar range, a new hood, a new refrigerator, a couple slabs of soapstone, some thick Mesquite bar top, a new sink and faucet, a new micro wave, and a new warming drawer... I think it will be worth the wait :)