Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tontam_gw

Does your faucet have 'locking dual spray control'?

tontam
13 years ago

I'm so glad I've researched faucets to death because I wouldn't have realized that I wanted one that has locking dual spray (I'm assuming that means you don't have to hold the button to have the spray feature).

The one faucet I loved (Grohe Ladylux3) doesn't have the locking dual spray feature.

Which faucets do & do you have pictures?

Comments (27)

• gizmonike
    13 years ago

KWC has the spray lock feature in its pullout faucets.

• momqs
    13 years ago

We have the Grohe Minta which locks and I'm very impressed with that function and with Grohe.

Search the forum for Ladylux. I feel like I remember reading that there is another Ladylux that does lock.

• plllog
    13 years ago

Mine lock on, but when you turn off the water they go back to stream. (MGS Vela-D and Kohler Karbon).

• marcydc
    13 years ago

My prep sink does (pull out) and my main sink (pull down) does not. Both KWC.

To me, it's a feature that matters little. I don't blast anything off with water anyway. Maybe it's because I live in CA where water is precious (and pricey!) so I don't waste a lot. I typically soap everything with the water off and then go back and rinse off soap with a stream. I really like the pulldown because I can leave my big pots upside down and reach up and in with the head of the faucet and not use much water filling and dumping.

Droplets everywhere from the spray functions annoy me as well.

Maybe I'm just weird :)

• puppeez
    13 years ago

I have the Moen Anabelle that has a locking spray feature. Like Plllog's, when you shut off the water, it returns to a stream.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Fori
    13 years ago

Mine also locks until the water goes off, then returns to a stream. It's a little annoying because when I do use spray, I'm usually washing veggies with the water off and on and off etc. and it makes the TapMaster less practical if you lose your spray each time you do a shot of water.

I have a Hansgrohe Allegro Pro or XL or whatever the big one is called (hey--I'm short! I needed the reach.)

• trailgirl
    13 years ago

Marcydc, I have been looking at the KWC faucets, I love the KWC Eve, but am concerned whether it's really worth the price or not. Do you miss not having a spray option?

• vtlakehouse
    13 years ago

I just ordered the Delta Addison that does have the lock feature.

I too was overwhelmed trying to decide and finally went to a local kitchen and bath fixture showroom. They had working sinks and all faucets within easy reach to try and look at up close. That visit made my decision on the Addison.

• Buehl
    13 years ago

I have a Kohler Vinnata at my main/cleanup sink and a Kohler Fairfax at my prep sink. Both have the locking feature and both "remember" what you left it at...both features are very useful!

Main/cleanup sink - Kohler Vinnata (690) - high-arc pulldown

Prep sink - Kohler Fairfax - pullout

• marcydc
    13 years ago

I really don't miss not having a spray, but like I said, I'm not a big sprayer anyway.

You could get it from a store with a good return policy and switch it out if you decide on something else. My DH picked this out and it feels super solid and well built. He doesn't like any plastic pretending to be metal.

• tontam
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone!

• kittenkat_2002
    13 years ago

tontam, I actually have the ladylux3 and somehow didn't realize that it didn't have a locking feature. However, I do really like the faucet and find that I'm not wishing I had that feature. I don't have any splashing but I do find that I have a hard time controlling the water pressure sometimes.

• eandhl
    13 years ago

Our Kohler Fairfax stays on which ever option you leave it on until you change it.

• davidro1
    13 years ago

Last year I found out that one of the Grohe Ladylux versions had a locking spray, a toggle staying on the spray pattern chosen. I remember that from my searching. This was in a phone call to Grohe. It wasn't described on their web site.

It seems to me that some sinks require a spray more than others. Every day I rinse my sink many times. It's Silgranit. The sink material does not allow specks of tea and coffee to slide easily so I need to have a spray wand with a lot of pressure. I cannot simply splash water onto the particles that I wish to rinse away. A spray is required.

In a showroom I have seen Gessi kitchen mixers with a flow volume adjustment in the tip of the spout; it's where the aerator is. It's a "progressive-flow" aerator adjustment.

I want this, in a hose version. Does any faucet hound know more about this?

I think that the really big progress in technology is in aerators now.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Tontam, I fell in love with the Hansgrohe HighArc (or Talis or whatever else it's called) a year ago. That was one of the first decisions I made about the new kitchen. Then sometime during the summer I found out it didn't lock in the spray mode. The saleswoman who told me said it was a deal-breaker for her so I freaked out! I searched long and hard for weeks for another faucet I liked as well visually. Couldn't find one. Since I have only ever had a side sprayer that takes many more steps to use and doesn't lock, I figured I'd be overjoyed at just HAVING a pulldown and wouldn't care that it didn't lock. I'm getting that Hansgrohe!

Some folks here will tell you that they couldn't live without a lock feature. I don't think it is necessary. If you love your Grohe and can't find one you like as well, get the Grohe.

Here is a link that might be useful: My lust faucet

• aliris19
    13 years ago

You know, I agree to get what you want and give it a try ... but also let Grohe know this is a feature you're disappointed not to have. Maybe it's a conscious decision that no-lock is better, but it seems odd and just like a cost-saving feature to me. If the manufacturer hears from their customers, perhaps they'll get a better sense of what's important to us.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

I have a very boring faucet and it DOES have the locking
    spray. Price Pfister Parisa. The day we were shopping my
    DH was bored to tears by my shopping for a faucet.
    He turned to me in avid frustration after I asked him for
    the millionth time.

"Honey which do you love the best?"

"I hate them all the same just choose one already."
    Yes he is easily impatient.

So I grabbed the PP for it's price and reputation not
    on beauty. I wish I had spent more time really
    thinking about which faucet to buy. I still covet
    the Delta Allora. And love the Ladylux, the Bellefleur
    is amazing... so many to choose so few kitchens to play with.
    Maybe Santa will bring me this one under my tree.

Kohler Simplice

Delta Allora ( I covet this one)

Danze Bellafleur (Elegant)

Hansgroe (Looks like the work horse of the kitchen)

Moen

• audielee
    13 years ago

Hi momqs,
    Love the form of the minta. Does the retractable pullout return easily? I was worried that with two angles in the spout it would be harder to "shove" that long hose back in.
    My current ladylux works like a charm but I am moving and want the function of the ladylux in a "pipestem" form. your opinion please.

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

my faucet does (and it remembers if it was on spray or stream)

Delta 4353-RB-DST

• kaismom
    13 years ago

In the laundry room, I have el cheapo delta/American standard/not sure what brand with locking spray with black rubber like button for toggling back and forth between spray and stream. I have had various other cheaper standard pull out faucets with large faucet heads in my old kitchen. When one bit the dust, i would replace with another... The kind you get at Home Depot. They all functioned similarly.

I now have a KWC Ono with locking spray in my new kitchen. El cheap one has a better spray function with wider spray capture area because the faucet-head is so much bigger. It's like a bigger shower head versus smaller shower head comparison. Unfortunately, the Delta and its esthetic equivalents are clunky and crass in appearance when compared to the sleak lower profile faucet heads that I wanted to put in my kitchen. I LOVED the look of Dornbracht faucets but they did not come with pull down spray/faucets. I really wanted a lockable spray faucet. I settle on a KWC. Grohe Minta was my runner up.

However, some people may prefer the smaller area that the water is coming from. The water is directed straight down on the KWC with say 20 degree of spray and the bigger faucet heads has more side direction with wider spray with 45 degree spray area. This makes a difference when you are rinsing vegies or dishes under the spray stream.

I LOVE my Ono for its sleek look. Even so, the spray function is not nearly as nice as the faucets that cost 1/2 to 1/3 less, IMHO.

I have this faucet with matching soap dispenser.

Here is a link that might be useful: KWC ono

• johnnyl53
    13 years ago

Kraus KPF2150. Locking spray and stays locked when you shut it off. Spray is handy if you don't want to waste water when rinsing. I can rinse some things, shut it off, wash more and still have it on spray. Solid stainless, looks great and best of all, doesn't cost as much as a major appliance.

• maclaynsaunt
    13 years ago

I have the Delta Pilar Touch. I love it! It has the lock feature. It will not change from stream to spray or spray to stream until you want it to, even if you turn it off. I love the look of it.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    13 years ago

By far the best one I have seen is made by Waterstone. The positive lock pull down allows you to go from regular stream to spray and back without a hassle. All made in the USA too!

Google this to find it: waterstone positive lock pull down gooseneck

• rococogurl
    13 years ago

I've been spoiled by the pulldown and locking on my KWC Systema (pls scroll down) in our apartment. It's got a perfect diameter spray head for me and the reach is great. I had a devil of a time finding the right height with the locking. Not easy. Very happy with the KWC quality. For me, worth the search and while $$$ I got a good price online by shopping it.

I have an older veddy fancy Dornbracht with hi arc spray that's also great in our house which I bought long ago before it got fancy. Nice as it is, the spray lever needs to be held down. It's a great faucet and spray but not as convenient when you have the other to compare IMO.

• momqs
    12 years ago

Hi audielee -
    I'm sure I'm way too late w/ my response, but thought I'd answer just in case someone else is reading this. (A friend of mine who was reading it was the one to point it out to me!)

Anyway - while the hose doesn't always retract by itself and sometimes needs to be put back, it is super easy and I like the fact that it locks into place when it's in the retracted state. It feels to me that once it's locked back in it will stay there.

• Tim Morrissey
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I have a Grohe Ladylux Cafe kitchen faucet. Purchased in Feb 2015, and it had the button that goes from stream to spray, and the button would lock until you either pushed it again, or turned the water off, at which time it went back to stream. In Dec of 2015 it quit working and would not stay locked. I contacted Grohe and they replaced the spray head unit. In Dec 2016 it went bad again and they replaced it again. In Dec 2017 it went bad again. This time they gave me a hard time, wanted receipts from purchase etc. I asked if they would like the spray unit that failed back and they never replied. They just sent me a new spray head but this one does not lock, it has to be held for it to go to the spray function. I guess that solves the problem for them, but not for me. I will never buy another Grohe product.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths