Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your Granite... with Cherry Cabinets and Cherry Floors!

Posted by whidbey (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 15, 08 at 12:18

I just cannot seem to decide on the right granite for the kitchen. Can't decide to go with a darker granite or a lighter granite. I'm sure they'd both look great as I have yet to see something that does NOT look nice with medium-toned cherry cabinets. :)

Our cabinets are Medallion Brookhill Cherry with the Harvest Bronze (highlighted) finish. Floors will either be Brazilian Cherry or Ironwood (both are a deep reddish-brown).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your Granite... with Cherry Cabinets and Cherry Floor

Here is our kitchen. The granite is a dark gray that reads like black so it's called Impala Black. The floor is Chilean Cherry.

New kitchen from dining area

Kitchen counter and Pottery Barn Seagrass bar stool

o

Hi jodi! You're the one who inspired me (along with the rest of the planet) to take a long look at the Fire & Ice backsplash... gorgeous!!!

Ok, I've got a photo with DARK granite... anyone with LIGHT granite for comparison?? (More dark photos are welcome too!). :)

o

I totally have to hijack this thread for a moment -- Jodi in so calif, where did you get that great spice rack? I love it!

Hijack over...

o

MaryElizabeth...I got the Olde Thompson spice rack fall of 2007 at Costco for $25 but on the Olde Thompson site they are selling for $50, marked down from $66. Guess I got a good deal. The last time I was in a So. Calif. Costco they were still selling them.

Jodi-

Here is a link that might be useful: Olde Thompson web site

o

here is a lighter granite with cherry cabinets and oak floors:

Photobucket

o

Cherry cabinets, amendioum floors and quartzite

From 25 NOV

From 14 Dec

o

You guys are awesome!!! Keep 'em coming.... this is so helpful!

o

Hi there! My cabinets are Cherry with an Amber stain. We have Bianco Antico for our granite. I think the contrast of dark cabinets and floors go well with the lighter granite that has dark streaks running through it. I'm not sure about posting pictures, but I'll give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Cherry Amber with Bianco Antico

Bianco Antico

Bianco Antico

o

My cabinets are cherry, floor is ammendoim, and counter is new ornamentale granite...

backsplash - full view

New Ornamentale

o

We have cherry cabinets and a brazilian cherry floor. We chose our counters for contrast, so we picked Andromeda White granite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

jodie so cali: great splash! Impressive

rvj1970: I love your cabinets! and your granite! great touch of the hints of red! Looks awesome: ties the whole look in!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here