Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Touch faucet malfunctioning. Any thoughts?

Madeline616
11 years ago

Hello,

X-posting in appliances, not sure where faucets fall.

I have the Delta Trinsic touch faucet. It's about 9-10 months old, and it's just begun malfunctioning. It only works on and off, and sometimes I can't get any water out at all.

I've tried changing the batteries, but to no avail.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this. If it's under warranty, I guess I'll still have to pay the plumber to do the replacement?

Thanks

Madeline

Comments (16)

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi blue,

Thanks for your response. I tried moving the battery pack, but it didn't help. I'm tempted to scrap the Delta altogether and get the Brizo. I probably just got a lemon, but it's frustrating to have to hire a plumber to switch this one out...

Thanks again, will keep you posted!
    Madeline :)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

>I'm tempted to scrap the Delta altogether and get the Brizo.

You do know they are the same company?

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ugh, nope, didn't know. So I wonder if they use higher quality parts or just slap the Brizo name and a higher price tag on the same basic faucet....?

Tks :)

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ugh, nope, didn't know. So I wonder if they use higher quality parts or just slap the Brizo name and a higher price tag on the same basic faucet....?

Tks :)

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

I don't know much about the touch technology but the hands free faucets in two of my workplaces malfunction constantly.

The one in my current operatory will not turn on and then sometimes it will turn on spontaneously multiple times, full blast. It is the same thing in the other workplace and multiple faucets in each.

I don't think the kinks are worked out for the technology in general.

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, palimpsest. What brand are yours?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Madeline616, I think the technologies are slightly different between the two brands, but I don't know that the Brizo tech is actually better.

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

Since it is commercial environment they are probably Chicago Faucets or something like that.

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, writersblock and palimpsest.

Blue, will keep you informed re:Delta's response/warranty, etc. This type of situation is one reason I buy all my sinks, faucets, etc. from a reputable local family-owned company. My sales rep should be contacting me this week.

Madeline

• bluetea57
    11 years ago

Thanks! I hope it all works out...hate to think that something could go wrong ..love this faucet so far!

• chris11895
    11 years ago

My touch at our Summer home lasted two months. Delta was rather non-responsive and kept telling me to try different tricks. Because I wasn't there full-time I decided to just live without it because it was too much of a pain to resolve and i didn't want the hassle of swapping it out. It worked fine as a regular faucet but the touch part just stopped all together.
    I personally wouldn't take the chance in getting another one.

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Chris. I contacted the local store where I bought it, and my salesman contacted the Delta rep. He suggested it may be some mineral build-up and I'm going to check that. He told me if that doesn't work, to contact Delta directly.

So, we'll see what happens!

• luckymom
    11 years ago

We had an issue with ours (Delta) in the very beginning- turned out we had a bit of water dripping onto the control. Dh put it in one of my lock & lock plastic containers and taped it up to one of the pipes. (fixed the drip, too).

Flash forward 6 months. MAJOR water leak under sink- the line running to the new r/o unit let go & ran for over 12 hours that little box holding the controls & wasn't even thought about for 2 days? FILLED with water. I freaked out, thinking I had a ruined faucet along with everything else. I emptied the water- worked fine- I was still afraid it would short out or something happen to it due to the water- called Delta, that part was only about $15, but I was told I shouldn't need it. What she was impressed with was the batteries that sat in water were still working- anyone interested they're Duracell- and they're still working 3 months later.

• ShellKing
    11 years ago

Just to offer a different experience, we have the Delta Pilar 4380T-RB-DST Single Handle Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology and Spray in Venetian Bronze and it has worked perfectly. We like the touch feature. It's been installed since August 2011 in our heavily trafficked kitchen. The sprayer does pulse in a weird way, come to think of it. I don't think that's totally normal, but I don't use it much.

However, the high arc puts the faucet too close to me when I'm working at the sink. So it tends to splash on me. I have learned that it's important to look at the measurements to see the reach and height or a faucet. Even though it was $$, I am going to replace it.

• Sandy Wu
    8 years ago

Hi ShellKing, I am just wondering if your Delta Pilar faucet still works since it's been more than 4 years. I am currently looking at Brizo Solna(on/off touch) which is basically the same company as Delta. Base on reading some reviews so far not so good. It's been awhile I hope you will see this thanks!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living