Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcy96

Backsplash done! Kitchen almost finished! Pics

marcy96
14 years ago

Hi everyone, my backsplash was installed and grouted over the weekend so my kitchen is almost done! I'm just waiting for a replacement cabinet, a door, some hardware, and some finishing touches and then I'll post more information. The cabinets are Schuler from Lowe's, maple Oyster Vintage finish, and the hutch is rustic maple Chestnut stain. My granite is Namibian Gold (love it!) and the tiles are tumbled almond beige marble. Thanks to all of you on this forum that gave me such valuable information and support through this renovation. I wish you all a very happy holiday and a wonderful New Year! Here's how the kitchen looks so far:

{{gwi:1571213}}

{{gwi:1596302}}

{{gwi:1587923}}

{{gwi:1571214}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (29)

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

Wow! Its beautiful! Love the hutch and the backsplash!! Can you give me info on the tiles used in the backsplash? Also, sorry..I couldnt read the brand name on the range? Does that have a griddle in the middle?
    Very warm and inviting...nice job.

• judydel
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I love the color of your cabinets, and your granite is gorgeous! If I didn't go with soapstone, I would have gone with granite similar to yours, very pretty.

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you both so much! All I know about the tiles that I used for the backsplash are that they are tumbled marble 3 x 6 subways in an almond beige color. The accent pieces are yellow (?) onyx. They were tiles that my contractor had available that just happened to work well with my cabinets and granite. My range is from my old kitchen, it's a Whirlpool Gold gas range with a warming drawer on the bottom. Unfortunately, that's not a griddle in the middle, just some grids. I hope to upgrade the range in the future, but it's fairly new and works fine so I kept it to save money.

• jaym2009
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I think you made some wise descisions. I especially like the way the range hood turned out. I chose an undercabinet model, and now realize that the cabinet above it is nearly useless. I wish now that I had installed a tall hood like yours.

~Jay

• susie1010
    14 years ago

The kitchen is beautiful. You made great choices and everything blends seamlessly. Are your drawer pulls 4" or 6"? They look great.

• buffalotina
    14 years ago

Lovely! I really like your white sink with that granite, looks super. The hood looks great too and how you carried the tile up behind it. Congratulations on a wonderful kitchen.

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

Very nice! Your color choices flow together so well. Love the hutch.

• donka
    14 years ago

Very pretty! I especially love the accent tiles behind your range, gorgeous! The whole space looks lovely together...enjoy!!

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Spectacular! The backsplash and the granite are gorgeous.

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you like it! I'm really happy with how it turned out.
    susie1010, my drawer pulls are 4", except on the large drawers where I just used one 6" pull in the middle. They are Amerock pulls and knobs that I bought from myknobs.com.

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Marcy96, I LOVE your backsplash's coloring, design and the tumbled marble you used. I also love the granite you used. Both I feel would look good in my kitchen so I am going to save this post so in May when I am done my busy season, I can find something similar in style and color. I love the brick pattern with the diagonal design above the range. I love your hood but I had to get a under cabinet hood that is being delivered tomorrow since the top cabinets were unable to be removed without destroying the other cabinets that I am not ready yet to remove since I need more funds and more time.

I also love the style and color of your kitchen cabinet and the hutch that breaks up the white color to give more warmth to your beautiful kitchen. Thanks so much for sharing.

• lisaslists2000
    14 years ago

Excellent job. I love the way the colors work together, and the way the tiles go all the way up behind the hood. It's jus lovely!
    Lisa

• kaidan
    14 years ago

Could you give me the info on your hood? I love that look!! You're kitchen is beautiful.

• abananie
    14 years ago

Very homey looking. Love the colors....they way everything fits....great hood!

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

beautiful! I LOVE your granite and your sink.

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone!
    kaidan, my hood is a Zephyr Savona 30" hood with a 685 CFM blower. I bought it online from US-Appliance.com It works really well, and it's fairly quiet on low and medium. It does get a bit noisy on high, but I doubt I'll use that level much. I love the halogen lights underneath it. Good luck!

• squigs
    14 years ago

marcy, your kitchen is so beautiful. I love the way your hood and backsplash turned out over your range. I wish I had seen this picture when I was agonizing over what to do about my range with the riser in the back. I was so worried that I actually ended up changing out to a range without a riser. I see now that was completely unnecessary because yours looks perfect! very, very nice!

• kaidan
    14 years ago

Thanks marcy!!!

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

There are so many things I love about your kitchen! The cabinets are beautiful and the hardware goes perfectly. I love the painted and stained beadboard and the wood grain of the hutch and that pretty glass. And your granite and backsplash (love the insets, love the area around the hood) are gorgeous! Great job!

• msrose
    14 years ago

I'm also saving your kitchen to my inspiration file! Can you tell me what your gorgeous granite is?

Laurie

• prestonbeary
    14 years ago

Very nice, your kitchen looks GREAT!!

The backsplash really ties everything together.

• barbse
    14 years ago

Wow - beautiful. I love the backsplash, with the detail over the hutch, and really like the granite window sill - really ties it together.

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, everyone! Thank you for all your kind comments about my kitchen. I'm so flattered! I couldn't have done it without all of your great advice and all the wonderful kitchen pictures that I've seen on this forum! My kitchen is not that big compared to others and I was so worried that I was not able to bump it out to make it bigger. But I love it now that it's done and it is so much more efficient to work in than my old kitchen. I'll have to post some "before" pictures when I get a chance.
    Laure, my granite is Nambian Gold. It's an exotic and a little pricey, but I'm soooo glad I spent the extra money to get it. I think it's the jewel in my kitchen and I love it!
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• blubird
    14 years ago

Your kitchen layout is almost mirror-twin to mine. I still haven't decided on keeping the peninsula or putting in an island.

One question...will you have a microwave and where will you be putting it in that beautiful kitchen?

Helene

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Helene, my kitchen is only 11' 4" wide, so I couldn't fit in an island. I kept the peninsula for the added workspace and storage, but removed the larger overhang and stools that we used to have. That gave me more room on the table side for a larger table. I also added the wood hutch piece for more counter space and storage to make up for not having an island. I struggled with where to put the microwave as I didn't want to put it over the range. I decided to put it in an upper microwave cabinet to the right side of the refrigerator. That's the one cabinet I had to have replaced which is why I don't have a picture of it. The microwave that I bought is the GE Spacemaker that you can use countertop or hang under a 12" cabinet. I'm putting it on a shelf. Once the cabinet is installed I'll post pictures of it. Good luck with your kitchen!

• mitri89
    14 years ago

Your kitchen turned out beautiful! We chose similar finishes/details for ours, but we don't have our cabinets in just yet. We are going to have painted creamy white maple perimeter cabinets and a medium stained island with light glazing on both(unless I change my mind last minute). We'll have some beadboard detail inside an arched open shelf on our island that looks identical to what's on your hutch. We also have a couple of upper cabs with glass fronts. We're also going with a very similar backsplash, granite and hardware like you have... Oh, and oak floors in a similar tone too.:-)

Can I ask what wall color you have in your dining area? We've tentatively picked out SW Whole Wheat or Tobacco Road, but I love the color in your room too. Looks beautiful with the white woodwork and black chairs.

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi mitri89, I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen! It does sound similar to mine - I'm sure it will be beautiful. I went through so many samples of paint to find one that complemented my creamy yellow cabinets without being too light or dark. We ended up with Benjamin Moore's Oat Straw, AF-340. Good luck with your kitchen!

• mitri89
    14 years ago

Thank you Marcy. Oat Straw is a pretty color.:-) I can't wait to share pictures.

• kpopkin
    8 years ago

Marcy- I am trying to see the photos of your kitchen but it says they are no longer available. Is there a way to see them?