Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gidgetgirly

Where can I find this mesh for cabinet doors?

gidgetgirly
11 years ago

I love the look of this mesh for a cabinet door front. Does anyone know where to find this exact mesh? And is the mesh crazy expensive?

I have no idea if it would even work with my budget but it's so pretty!

Comments (22)

• jhodg13
    11 years ago

I have seen similar expanded metal at Ace hardware in my home town. I also can order it from Wurth Baer Supply on line or pick it up in 1 hour. They have several locations or can be ordered on line. I've included their web site below. www.new-look-kitchen.com

• gidgetgirly
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Is it this exact mesh with the little rosettes and tiny nailheads in satin chrome? How much does something like this cost?

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

Rockler carries something like this without the rosettes. It is a custom order and runs about $28 a square foot for the heavier woven mesh in the front and not the screening. The multi layered mesh with the rosettes is going to be a high ticket item.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mesh

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

Here is a source in the UK

Here is a link that might be useful: Regency Grille

• francoise47
    11 years ago

I think mamadadapaige used a similar treatment in her lovely new kitchen.

See

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Link to mamadadapaige's finished kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mamadadapaige's new kitchen

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

I did a down-n-dirty calculation per sq ft of the Regency, and it worked out about $70/sq ft.

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

I was going to put the picture of mine in but francoise did for me - thanks!

I got them from Armac Martin UK. I think the price palimpsest said is about what I paid - maybe a little less, can't find the invoice. fyi: Dealing with them over the phone was easier than by email.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Check out Van Dyke Restorer's.
    They sell the stuff, too, I believe. All kinds of inserts.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    11 years ago

The Regency UK folk are a bespoke maker; They can probably make anything you can imagine, but if you have to ask, you can't afford it. I stumbled on their site a year ago looking for a long-discontinued woven metal grille style. Drool!
    There are fabricators in the far east who will also build to your design but the minimum order is 1000 square meters!
    Casey

• jakuvall
    11 years ago

It is a standard from Quality Custom Cabinetry in nickel. Was just considering it for part of a display but don't remember the price, but QCCI is a hi end cabinet. Checked a few likely sources but didn't unearth anything new.

• gidgetgirly
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for all the info. It may be too expensive, I'll have to check it out. It's such a pretty look!

@mamadadapaige your kitchen is just stunning!! Thank you so much for sharing photos of it. I'm soooo loving the gorgeous diamond grille!! What an amazing makeover of your space! Did you hire a designer or plan it all on your own?

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

gidgetgirly, thanks so much. I planned it myself but I am a kitchen designer and took a very long time to plan it. came up with a million iterations for the space which had a lot of difficult problems to overcome.

I found my invoice, I paid $258 for the pair of grilles. The cabinet company ordered them for me so that they would be the correct size and so the doors accepting them could be modified with a wooden band and screws to keep them in place.

thanks again

• gidgetgirly
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks mamadadapaige, $258 really isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and definitely worth it. I thought it would've been closer to $700-$1000.

They certainly look very expensive! I'm really in love with that look. And your kitchen :) thanks again!

• gr8daygw
    6 years ago

Love this! I went to the UK website to calculate cost for 6 15" x 20" panels with the rosette with fine mess screening and it was $85. per panel. These are for short doors along the bottom of a built in wall closet that will allow for ventilation of A/C returns behind the built in. $510. Yikes, but so pretty and might make this awkward situation with the vents look really nice. Thanks!!

• Karen C
    5 years ago

Most of these comments are from 2012. Are there any more recent recommendations of where to find grille/screens like these? I'm getting some custom cabinets made and want a layered look like this without the rosettes. Thank you in advance!

• Mark Terpstra
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

The grills are from Katonah Architectural Hardware. They're crazy expensive, but haven't been able to find anything else like it that has 2 layers like this.

• Diana Hawkes
    last year

I found them from an online British supplier:

Regency Grilles | Brass Diamond Grilles (jamesgilbertandson.com)

You can choose how "open" the background mesh is, as well as the front design.

You can also chose the metal color.

They call the design "Regency".

I wish I could find this in the U.S. !!!

• Maddy Watt
    last year

Does anyone know where to get something similar in Australia? Preferably in Brisbane or somewhere close.