Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mpaninop

Stainless experts I need finish advice please!

mpaninop
11 years ago

We building a new home and the questions could be endless, but today I am looking for some wisdom from those of you with stainless steel expertise. I fell in love with and already ordered the Elkay Avado EFT402211 sink (nice photo here https://www.houzz.com/products/elkay-kitchen-sink-avado-eft402211-prvw-vr~1093750-Kitchen-Sink-Avado-EFT402211-modern-kitchen-sinks-) Elkay says it is a "brushed satin" finish. I won't actually get the sink until sometime in January, as it has to be shipped from the mfg. to the retailer. It is a drop in. It is going to go into an island and my plan was to have a stainless steel countertop fabricated for the island. Now I am starting to really worry about matching finishes. More specifically, I keep reading that you want to avoid polished finishes on the countertop because of scratches. Hmm . . . I cook a lot. I will use the heck out of that sink and countertop. For those of you know satin finishes, after a period of time, is any difference in finish really going to matter, or is it all going to get about the same patina in the end anyway? I know that sink isn't going to stay shiny no matter what Elkay does when they finish it. So should I be worried, or just roll with it knowing that in the end it is all going to "even out" so to speak?

Comments (2)