Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What width do you think this post is?

Posted by seosmp (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 11:15

Hi,

I'm planning on pulling my cooktop/oven out and putting an angled piece on either side. I'm currently thinking of doing something similar to the attached picture.

I'm having a hard time trying to tell how wide this post might be. I don't want it too narrow (I've seen examples where they look too narrow for my taste), and I think this one looks good. I need to make sure my cabinet plan would accommodate a room for a post about this size.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What width do you think this post is?

I would guess 3 or 3.5 inches... leaning towards 3 inches.

o

Ok. I give.
What post?

o

Thanks for the reply!

I may have used the wrong term - I guess it is called "column" as well??

I'm referring to the angled piece directly to the left and right of the cooktop cabinet. The "column" looks to be slightly narrower than the flat angled piece that it is attached to. I'm assuming the column has been cut in half and the halves used on each side.

Sorry!

o

To add to the clarification, my guess is for the flat, square piece above the column.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here