Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

michelle 16 did u do ur cabinets

michelle16
13 years ago

not yey still researching, Tom-what company r u with near me?

Comments (5)

• Tom
    13 years ago

Michelle

Not with a company. I am in the same boat you are just about 4 weeks behind you in design ...lol. Looking for some of the same things you are. I have a slightly bigger kitchen 30' of cabinets and a little more $$ to spend. After Jan 1st we are going to start looking at cabinet suppliers. Oxford Cabinet Shop is 1st on our list. I also plan to go to the Amish Market in Flemington to see if the Amish have any recommendations on who they know. The in laws are in the Lancaster area, going to see what they know and can find out.

I am in Washington, Warren County.

Happy holidays

Tom

• michelle16
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Tom, i think I have 36 feet of cabinetry , I have gotten a price from a custom guy for 22,000, and that was a stacked look to the ceiling, I am going to try the kitchen expo in flemington, they do a design and give an estimate and they carry elmwood for there custom line. I will also try c&c right near ur house in hampton,I spoke with the owner he seemed nice, has been doing this a long time, he carries showplace and mouser for his custom lines. Are u thinking about oxford the amish guy in PA, I think that is near Atlantic city, so I think that is too far for me, I want someone local, to minimize problems, but his work looks real nice and very reasonable, let me know what you find out with the amish place in flemington, iv'e been there, also keep me posted on what u find out and I will do the same, because we are literally minutes from eachother, and this research stuff is tuff! What is your budget for cabinetry, I would like to do no more than 20,000, thanks, in advance, Michelle

• Tom
    13 years ago

Michelle,

The amish guy is about 2 1/2 hours away, near Longwood Gardens in Pa. My daughter lives near by so she is going to check things out, I will let you know if that works. Our budget is about the same $20-25K for the cabinets, $40-50K for the entire project. Who was the custom guy for $22K? The snow falling is so nice...NOT..

Tom

• robinson622
    13 years ago

michelle - I'm using Jacob from Oxford cabinets. I live 15 minutes away from Atlantic City, and I WISH they were that close. I think it was about 1 1/2 hrs. away or more, so don't count them out. My cabinets should be installed in about 3 weeks. I think they're the same style as lucretzia's. My kitchen is a 14 x 15 "L". There's also an 8' island. My total came to a little over 15k for painted cabs, furniture hood, full extension/soft close, glass cabinet, cutlery organizer, utensil organizer, trash pullout, tray dividers, and more, but I can't think of the rest :D ...delivered and installed. They have been great to work with, you just have to make most of your calls in the morning. They have called me a few times in the afternoon. ;) I'll post pics when they're installed. Good Luck!
    Lori

• Tom
    13 years ago

Lori,

Thanks for the feedback. If possible can you answer a few questions about your experience? Did you visit the shop before you signed with them? We plan on doing the design, did they provide any help with your design, or did they just build them as per what you provided? How long did it take to get your cabinets from start to finish ( I know they are not delivered yet?

Thanks

Tom