Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need opinions with open shelving finish selection! Fast!

Posted by chellamaral (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 11:06

We took down a very non-functional microwave cabinet and carpenter coming tomorrow to install 3 wooden open shelves that will attach to the cabinet and angle around the corner and over to the adjacent edge of wall. Should the shelving finish be stained to match cabinets? Or should I paint them white like the trim work? What if I stained the brackets and painted shelving white or painted the brackets and stained the shelving?(something like the stairway finish in the back-ground)

The bottom shelf will line up to the second shelf of the existing cabinet and I am also adding white subway tile up to that point.
Please help me decide! All along I thought I was going for full white, but now I'm not sure how it will look next to the cherry cabinet! I will be displaying all white Fiestaware on them....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need opinions with open shelving finish selection! Fast!

Yes, that hole will be covered and subway tiled along with that outlet being re-located.

Here is another pic of where white painted banquette seating is being built. There will be a small beverage area, re-purposing the microwave cabinet and a new cabinet for the beverage fridge. The countertop will be white marble and will also have 3 twelve foot open shelves above. Should these be the same finish as the open shelving in kitchen?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here