Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gabytx12_gw

Tile ordering issue, Need some advice....

gabytx12
9 years ago

Ok, so we ordered discontinued tile from a reputable tile shop. When we got it home (yes, DH picked it up and did not check it!) It is definitely NOT the color I ordered...or I thought I ordered.
My issue is, the order form does indicate the SAME tile that was ordered/picked up. But I know the tile I selected was more on the brown side, this tile is definitely on the grey/blue side. I would NEVER has selected this for this particular space. The only thing I have to go on is that the grout color is a brown....so this is the one I selected.
I am not sure if the tile was labeled incorrectly in the store? or what happened. I am a detail person and usually never miss these kinds of details.
DO you think I can try to persuade them to exchange for something else? I'm willing to pay a restocking fee. But I am concerned because it is discontinued.
As all of you know, it is really not worth it to put something in your home that you are not 100% sure you want, even when you think your 100% sure it can still go wrong. I really don't want this tile in this room.
Any suggestions how to get around this without loosing the farm??

thanks,

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio