Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
side of cabinet pullout--have you seen this?

Posted by raee (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 26, 13 at 10:32

I thought that at some point I saw a pullout designed to go on the upper side wall of a cabinet, a narrow and long basket to fit in between wall and, say, plumbing. The mechanism attaches to the wall on only one side. But I can't find one now.
Has anyone seen it? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: side of cabinet pullout--have you seen this?

All pullouts need a 3/4" side panel if they are installed on an end or next to an appliance. Now, there are "message centers" that are 6"-9" deep that are designed to cover a cabinet on the end.

Innards. You can see why it has to be installed between cabinets, or between a cabinet and a panel.

See the panel on the right hand side?

Between two cabinets.

Message centers.

o

Thanks, Hollyspring. No, what I am picturing is shaped rather like the little baskets that you can suction-cup or hang with a hook to the side of a sink or inside the door, to hold sponges etc, but it was a pullout that attached to the interior side of the cabinet.
I have a pullout basket on the floor of the undersink cabinet, but I had just a smidge too little room to use the type that has a narrower upper tier. I thought that I had seen something that could work in that little space, but can't find it now.

o

Hollysprings - great answer and pictures! Where does the unit pictured just above the message center attach (it looks like top and bottom?).

Related - why do some of the Rev-a-shelf pull-outs state that they're for new construction only? Can the above pull-out be installed in my 6" cabinet (4.5" inside width) if the cabinets have already been installed?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-a-Shelf pull out

o

We have this one from Lee Valley and love it. I installed it myself - easy peasy. It turned a useless tunnel of a cab into a very useable canned food cab.

Here is a link that might be useful: pull out shelf

o

Here's mine, not sure if this is what you are talking about.

o

Thanks all -- Daisychain01, that is what I am talking about! Extra thanks! Maybe I could use that on one side of my base corner cabinet, too.

o

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here