Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farmhouse sink and garbage disposal

Posted by Linda37160 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 10:30

Ok I am going to have the one basin farmhouse sink. Would you put in a garbage disposal in that sink or do without. I do have a half sink on island which I think you might put one in but it is on the otherside.

Any ideas Linda

I have a 2 basin sink now. I guess maybe I would just have to recondition me on that way I clean up. lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farmhouse sink and garbage disposal

A garbage disposal should go on both the cleanup and the prep sinks unless you are on septic.

o

I have a garbage disposal on my farmhouse sink and have had no issues. I had to purchase a deep flange in order for the disposal to be installed on a farmhouse sink properly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Deep flange

o

We have a garbage disposal on our single basic farm sink. It is our only kitchen sink. We are on septic. It works fine as long as you are careful to put only the little bits down the GD.

o

If anybody needs a deep flange, let me know, I have 2 left over; I will put one or both on ebay.
Casey

o

Thanks for the replies. Farmhouse sink gets the garbage disposal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here