Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted Barker cabinets

Posted by bons (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 10:29

Has anyone used the painted Barker cabinets? They just started offering a paint finish in the last few months, and I'm considering the using the doors for Ikea cabinets. I'm wondering about the quality of the finish.

I considered Scherrs but they don't do a painted finish.

Thanks,
Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted Barker cabinets

I'm considering Barker too. On their website someone just posted pictures and feedback in their forum section of white painted cabinets. They look very nice. Check it out!

o

I thought that Scherr's did do painted, too.

o

I just talked to Leon from Scherrs today and he said "we're custom, we can do anything you want." Odd that painted wouldn't fall under the 'anything' part...?

o

I ordered doors and cabinet fronts from Barkers that I painted. I was very happy with the quality and service. Doors were unfinished, but very smooth and solid.

Good luck!

o

I didn't see anything on the Scherrs site about painted finishes so I assumed they didn't do it. I will look into both Scherrs and Barkers to get estimates.

I most definitely am not interested in painting myself.

Thanks!
Bonnie

o

Chad Barker is absolutely fabulous. I have "paint ready" door/drawer fronts and the quality is superb. My only hesitation for Barker's painted cabinets is that they only offer it in SW Pure White - which is a very stark white for most people. If they used BM, say Super White, I probably wouldn't have hesitated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here