Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oven glass after self cleaning looks horrible

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 10:13

I just cleaned my new Kenmore wall oven (for first time) the glass looks horrible, a white film on the bottom and top, along with the glass being streaked from moisture. I called Sears immediately, was shocked when I was told under my warrantee they will come to "clean" it 2 times a year. I feel there must be something wrong with the seal to allow this amount of moisture in. I didn't expect to take an extended warrantee on this, but now feel I may have to, if I want clean glass! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oven glass after self cleaning looks horrible

Here's info from GW (long-running) thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning oven door glass

o
RE: Oven glass after self cleaning looks horrible

Thanks for the thread. I have a sears tech coming out to check the seal, but after reading this, think for sure it's a problem with the design. As much checking as I did before the purchase, I didn't know of this problem. Hopefully they will clean it,and I will be able to either see how they do it...or learn to live with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here