Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a granite that looks similar to this marble?

Posted by msrose (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 10:07

I found this picture on Houzz and thought it was granite, but someone asked about the countertop material and the response was that it was some type of marble, maybe Crema Marfil. I love the warm color and the soft swirls in it, but I don't want marble. Is there something else that would give me a similar look, but resistant to stains?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a granite that looks similar to this marble?

The only white granite I've seen that resembles granite is supreme white granite-it does have more gray swirls in it though.

o

It looks like a granite to me. Maybe Bianco Romano?

o

How does Bianco Romano do with staining? I originally wanted something with darker swirls in it, but I'm finding myself drawn to the lighter colors lately.

o

Could it be Madre Perla granite?

o

Maybe you should look at Cambria Torquay

o

Applying a good seal to marble will prevent it from staining if that is your only concern. It will still etch however.

Look for white or gray quartzites. Some look like marble.

o

I forgot about Madre Perla. I do love it in Pip's kitchen. I'm never sure if it's considered a granite or quartzite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here