Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

A dream possibility: AGA?

CEFreeman
11 years ago

Hi all!

Now, I'm not here to debate the benefits -- or not -- of DirectBuy. I've been a member since 2005 and since a fire caused us to rebuild, this membership has saved me $1000s.

Surprisingly enough, and I know you'll find this really hard to believe, this is about ME.

I just got the DirectBuy catalogue. AGA is one of their new vendors. I haven't gone so far as to call to ask the discount percentage, but I'm sitting here dreaming of a gorgeous AGA stove in my kitchen. Sure, I'd have to put in gas, but a small price to pay, right!?

I'm heading up there anyway today to pick up 4 cabinets I was able to afford from Norcroft. At .45% off retail? I find it worthwhile occasionally to splurge.

I know others don't feel they got their $$s' worth out of DirectBuy memberships, but between plumbing and electrical fixtures, mattresses, furniture, cabinets, flooring (cork & hard wood), ceramic tile, front doors, etc.? It's paid for itself. No, no affiliation.

AGA. [oooooOOoooohhhhhhh]

Comments (15)

• oldhousegal
    11 years ago

Irregardless of where it comes from, if you can afford to do it, I'd say go for it! And if anyone deserves an Aga, you do for all your hard work and craziness you've gone through. It never hurts to dream...

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love you.
    ((((((hug!)))))

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

Wow! AGA at direct buy at discounted price!? I think it would be worth it to renew my membership for that! LOL. Unfortunately, I just bought a floor model. :)

Let us know what the discount is!

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    11 years ago

You can get an Aga in colors, too, right? Even prettier!

And if running a natural gas line to the street is too expensive (I think I recall you have a long driveway from when you lugged the patio pavers or else the long 4x4s from the curbside delivery?), maybe installing a propane tank could be cheaper. Anyway, perhaps food for thought with your Aga dreaming!

cheers

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

But do you know what color you want?

Ahhhhgaaaaa

(and can you tell us how much it would cost when you find out?)

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

Ooohhhh Aga! If it within your grasp, you should certainly go for it! After what you have been through, I'm so hoping you can do it. Here's hoping that your gas line won't cost too much! And congrats on your Norcroft cabs!!

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Wow! An AGA. Now that would be wonderful...especially in a cobalt blue :)

I do have a question, though. Does an AGA heat up your kitchen too much, in the summer? I've wondered this for years. Do you need an electric cooktop for July and August? Hope this doesn't sound silly, but I'd love an AGA if it worked year round...especially with our very cold winters, but summers in the 90s and 100s.

• localeater
    11 years ago

What a fun thing to think about. If you build it, I will come!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Oh I hope you can get it !!!

• iroll_gw
    11 years ago

Christine, it's my birthday, but I hope you get this present!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Interesting about the propane idea. Might make it more easily doable...

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Sounds exciting! You are always the best at snagging bargains!

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

I just found this. Had I seen it two weeks ago, I would have jumped on this. It is a floor model hat was used for cooking displays comes with factory warranty. Of you like the vintage white, with the window, this could be a steal. Discounted $3000!! I don't know where this store is, but someone is going to be lucky!

Just thought I would post it here where people were dream of an AGA!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seriously discounted AGA legacy

This post was edited by kitchen_maman on Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 19:00

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

Had the wrong link in there...

This post was edited by kitchen_maman on Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 19:02

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just got back from visiting my mom in Michigan. Sorry to have missed all your well wishes! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I haven't found out about AGA prices yet.
    There are no gas lines out here where I live. If I did anything it'd have to be propane. With my solar panels, I'm particularly fond of electricity. Plus, I seldom cook anymore, so hey!

I could just get one and put it in for show. But that would mean I'd have to have company to show it off. Scratch that.

The Community Forklift has an AGA for about $3800. They say that's $3000 off. Oh My.

I'll let you know what the discount ends up being!