Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please post pictures of your cookbooks in a corner cabinet

Posted by peridot44 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 10:03

I'm planning to put my cook books in the wall corner cabinet. It's a doorless asymetrical cabinet that will also store/display my white Corning ware.

I can't decide if the cook books belong on the lower shelf, or the top shelf. Or maybe books on the short side of the cabinet and Corning on the long side.

Appearance is more important than utility in this case. I use the Corning and books equally often. So appearance beats ergo in the tie-breaker.

Please share your photos and/or thoughts. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please post pictures of your cookbooks in a corner cabinet

peridot44 - Not quite a wall corner cabinet but I LOVE this. It's a combination bookshelf, place for my keys, phone, answering machine and pocketbook. DH has two upper shelves too :)

o

Again, not exactly what you're looking for. This is a wedge shape cabinet in our island where I keep the cookbooks most often used.

Bookcase in island.

o

Hi,

Mine is kind of a corner, I think. Hope this helps.

Katie

Photobucket

o

Thank you all for your pictures. Maybe I'll be the first attempt this type of storage/display. I'll show my pics when done.

o

Not mine, but I found this somewhere. (sorry if this belongs to someone). Love this, plan on doing exactly this.

o

It's been awhile since I've posted pics...curious to see if this works.

I've yet to take good photos of our finished kitchen. We've long ago rearranged these shelves, but I love this little nook in our kitchen.

o

Just came across this, from an old thread, owner unknown.

Photobucket

Still doesn't look exactly like what you described, but maybe it'll help. : )

o

Great suggestions! I am wondering the same thing. I would like to have some storage for cookbooks- I like the wedge shape shelves in nhbasket's kitchen above.

Anyone else want to share photos of where you store your cookbooks?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here