Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Never MT - Large Soap Container Alternatives

a1an
9 years ago

I've never had any good success with the Never MT - Large Soap Container style setups. It sucked with the Groher dispenser. Changed it to the Kohler - it worked better, but not perfect.

As a matter of fact, the Moen soap dispenser with factory bottle performs much better than the Never-MT style.

I'm inclined to remove the hose and revert back to a bottle in the kitchen.

I've tried it. I've made the hose as *short* as possible between the jug of soap to the pickup tube. I've primed it well on the intial draw, etc. This system just doesn't work for me.

Before I do the bottle swap, let me reach out to some fellow GW who have been in a similar boat and see if you guys have some miraculos advice.

Comments (9)

• carolmka
    9 years ago

We have the Kohler and added the never mt. Never had a problem. I will say we are using a large jug of the Soft soap that we got at Costco. Before we added the never mt, we had a tough time filling the bottle of the kohler soap dispenser. It may be the type of soap you have chosen.

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

Our kitchen was finished 3 years ago with a Kraus dispenser and a Never MT. It's never worked. Sorry.

• a1an
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Carol -

I'd like to avoid the bottle if I can

The Grohe is a piss poor design. It does not even screw it. It's held in rentention with plastic clips that *rentent* on the inside of the bottle.

The Kohler is at least a screw on design...
    And yes, it's a chore to fill up the bottle.
    The top fill is too small to dispense soap ....
    So in order to do the bottle refill, I need to empty out the kitchen sink base, get on my back and remove bottle.
    The reverse - get on my back, grab the filled bottle and put it back in. I have a deep/deepish sink, so it's a small cavity of space between the sink/cabinet where there bottle sits in between

• Gracie
    9 years ago

The top fill is too small to dispense soap.

Do you mean the opening is too small to pour the soap in? Use a funnel?

We installed the Kohler pump in our remodel, and I never bothered with the NeverMT because the dish soap lasted two months. I could handle refilling a few times a year. However, I was washing my hands multiple times a day with dish soap but only washing dishes once a day, so I switched to hand soap in my dispenser. Target sells Method hand soap in a large pouch that has a small pour spout for refilling bottles.

• a1an
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hand soap is for the dispenser.

The opening is not the issue. The viscosity (thickness) is the soap - either you pour in a extremely slow fashion so it's silky and goes down the bottle, or even with a funnel, the viscosity will just pool in the small *hole* until it makes it way through.

• peytonroad
    9 years ago

Brilliant Trivan!

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

We have an Never MT at both sinks, with the Costco detergent jugs. Love them. Three years of use and not an issue. DH built a shelf in the island cabinet to hold the jug.

P.S. - these are really pretty cheap! Not quite as cheap as trivan's solution though:)

• Maine Susan
    8 years ago

Well I can't get mine to work, the soap comes right up to the faucet pump but won't come through... Dawn blue... been reading lots of posts here but still... I did notice that there are:

12,080 how to prime never mt Discussions

geesh!!!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!