Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inspiredisabel

My attempt of my Kitchen reveal! Thanks for asking!

inspiredisabel
10 years ago

We moved into this house 1.5 years ago with the intention of redoing at least 75% of it. It was built about 30 years ago and needed a face lift. The kitchen was a dark hole before and the complete opposite of my style. The new kitchen is such a breath of fresh air for this house!

There is a wall of windows in the breakfast nook but we don't get any direct sun in the back of the house Sorry for the dark pictures!

The before:

The after:

There were so many hang ups along the way but really happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking and asking for a follow up! :)

Cabinets: Bernier
Countertops: Cambria Torquay
Island Lighting: Double Clemson Pendant from Restoration Hardware
Appliances: Thermador
Subway Tile: Marble Systems Silver Shadow
Mosaic Tile: Maniscalco Clay Dots
Pot Filler: Danze
Faucet: American Standard
Hardware: Shaub

Here is a link that might be useful: backsplash thread

Comments (36)

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Glad you did a reveal! It turned out beautiful!! Great job. And I like the mosaic behind the range. And I love the open shelves. Congratulations!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

What a difference! You did a lovely job. I especially love the open shelving display area to the right of the refrigerator and the toe kick trim. Enjoy your new kitchen.

PS, is that a Thermador steam oven? Have you used it much yet? Do you love it?

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, homebuyer!

mlweaving - Thank you! It's a convection microwave, actually. But I do use it a lot! ;)

• springroz
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful kitchen! I love the way backsplash adds so much texture, and your dining room chandelier is adorable!

Good work!

Nancy

• romy718
    10 years ago

Lovely kitchen! The combination of your floors & backsplash are perfect. I really like the edge you chose for your Cambria Torquay. Love your plate rack & all the accessories you chose for your shelves (silver pieces, greenery, white pottery, & baskets). Congratulation!

• aloha2009
    10 years ago

Beautiful! It looks like you were lucky enough to begin with a great layout and didn't have to change things around too much.

The effort to pull all the aesthetic elements together worked out great...I'd love waking up to your kitchen every day!

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Fresh air is right. Lovely. But is your island cream or blue? Perhaps it's just the light in the room that makes the photo appear that way, but I kind of like the blue!

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Nancy, Romy and aloha! :)

schoolhouse - the island is actually a light grey color. The best picture of the coloring is the buffet one. They are color matched.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Very nice! It's so light and yet warm and inviting at the same time!

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Lovely! I think the island is my favorite part.

Your kitchen appears to be almost identical to my proposed kitchen in terms of size /basic layout . . . and we'll have a table across from the island just as you do. We'll also have a large pantry outside this footprint.

So, my question is, Are you pleased with this footprint? Would you change anything about your basic layout?

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, cat mom!

Mrs. Pete - Thank you! I do love my kitchen. I, unfortunately, do not have a pantry near by but that is one thing I would love! I have a dining room but like having a smaller table for casual meals with the kids. My island storage is accessible from all 4 sides so that is a big advantage. I gave up extra storage in the upper cabinets to have the display shelf.

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I love all the materials you've chosen. I could not say what I like most, the floors, BS, cabs, open shelving. Just seems so much brighter

• marthastoo
    10 years ago

You must be so pleased! It looks fantastic. How are the Thermador appliances working out for you? We have Thermador Freedom columns and microwave drawer. The jury is still out on those two for now.

• MrsShayne
    10 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the color choices and the fridge!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations! I especially like the shelving to the right of the fridge and the hutch/buffet in the eating area.

• threegraces
    10 years ago

what an improvement - so much brighter and more inviting. Great work

• marys235
    10 years ago

Love your floor tile with your counters and backsplash, could you share the mfr, style and color of the floor tile?

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I love your kitchen! I love your tile floor in the pattern that I have been trying to explain to installers. I love your built-in appliances. I love your backsplash! I agree with Marys235 that we would love to learn more about your floor tile and backsplash. I must look at the link above on your backsplash to maybe learn more.

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, ladies!

marthastoo - I love my Thermador! I've wanted them forever! They've been installed for about 11 months now so I can't attest to prolonged durability. We have already had to replace the water filter on the fridge though.

The open sheving is my favorite too! I didn't get the farmhouse sink I wanted so I had to fight to make this what I envisioned. I plan on getting glass shelves for the inside of the corner cabinet as well.

I've attached a link to the subway tile. It is gorgeous and worth every penny.

I had to replace the flooring during the whole kitchen process and found it at Lowe's. Our extras are piled under some other heavy tile so I need my husband to help me find the style name. I believe Lowe's still carries it. We installed the 18x18.

Amanda :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Subway Tile

This post was edited by inspiredisabel on Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 11:59

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

What a pretty kitchen! Everything flows together so well. We also have the Thermador rangetop and love it so far (only been using it a week).

Enjoy your lovely kitchen!

• marys235
    10 years ago

I'd also love to know the name of the gray paint color on the island, I've been looking for something similar. Love your kitchen!

• marys235
    10 years ago

Does the silver shadow marble have any beige/tan colors in it? In some of the pictures, it looks like it does, but it may just be the lighting.

• marys235
    10 years ago

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the process of picking things out for my kitchen remodel, and I am drawn to gray and white for the counters and white subway tile for the backsplash, with white cabinets, but would like a "warmer" tile for the floor. Your color scheme really works.

• karen_ohio
    10 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! Bright and light. Enjoy!

Karen

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you!

marys235 - The paint was custom matched to the gray Bernier buffet. I can give you the code that Benjamin Moore has on the can, though. And the marble has no beige or tan in it which is why I loved it. I have extras if you'd like me to send you one. :)

Amanda

• marys235
    10 years ago

Thanks Isabel, I thought the marble was all gray/white. It looks so pretty.

• marys235
    10 years ago

Lol, I mean thanks Amanda, I was looking at your screen name when I typed that.

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Huge improvement! I love the floors and that you painted the island. Everything is very elegant. That shelf area is so pretty!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Just love all your countertop & shelf accessories! I tried so hard to find a marble subway tile that would work with my countertops but couldn't find the perfect one. You sure found it-thanks for the closeup pic.

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Very lovely. Hard to believe it was the same place!
    Love your color choices. :)
    Enjoy

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

What a great transformation. Everything works so well together. The view out of the window looks great too. I would be ready to move my bed into the kitchen - haha! Enjoy!!!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Inspired - Love what you did with your kitchen. It all flows together beautifully. I love those custom colors - It is so much fun figuring out the color that works.
    Great job on the toe kick areas, island, and more!
    Now, how about some interior drawer and cabinet pictures.
    Congratulations!
    A2gemini

• joallen001
    10 years ago

Very nice. Love the fixture above the island! What size is your island?

• texasgal47
    10 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen and great blending of all materials! I especially love the updated country decor and the soft, cohesive shades of the island, backsplash, and flooring. Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely results and remodeling details with the forum.

• inspiredisabel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much, everyone! I appreciate your kind words! :)

a2gemini - My interior drawers and cabinets are not share worthy! lol I haven't completely settled everything and found the perfect arrangement for things.

joallen - the island is 52 x 82. Love the size and all the storage!

• Aleia K
    2 years ago

@inspiredisabel would love to know how the Bernier cabinets are holding up?