Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

The vision I always had about my bakers table...

remodelfla
11 years ago

Just for fun... particularly old timers might remember... I always spoke about picturing grandkids around the table with me helping me bake. Today the boys slept over and we are making pancakes. I had literally about 100 iterations of layouts. So for those who think you're going crazy and will never come up with the layout that works perfectly for your space and life; keep plugging. It's worth it.

Comments (17)

• adel97
    11 years ago

Beautiful picture! But where are you? The woman in the picture is way too young to be a grandma to those cuties.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Oh, I get it!
    You rented the kids for practice.

Pretty kitchen, cute kids and one hot mama grandma (or something similar to the song!)

• leela4
    11 years ago

Isn't it fun to cook/bake with grandchildren?? That baker's table is perfect.

And I fondly remember those Thomas pj's . . .

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Well, this 'old timer' remembers... ;)

Looks perfect!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was thinking of you and all your help/patience this morning rhome which prompted me to make this post! My kitchen still remains everything I ever dreamed it would be!

• kitchendetective
    11 years ago

Darling!

• User
    11 years ago

Oh Elyse...what a sweet picture...you know how much I love KAW photos...thank you for posting. c

• enduring
    11 years ago

Great pictures of the kids and...is that you? If it is, you look very young. I thought it was a pic of the kids with their mom, honestly.

Too new to remember your iterations. I do remember the reveal I think, and the debate about the window treatment. I remember looking at your soapstone and thinking that soon mine would be in and was inspired by your finished look.

Always have loved that bakers table!

• rosylady
    11 years ago

I remember! I lusted over that table when you found it. If I could find something like that I might....might be tempted to give up the idea of an island.

I am about to post my layout and I feel like I am getting ready to participate in the swimsuit portion of a beauty contest. Every flaw will be noticed, every aspect critiqued. I'm not complaining! This is what this forum does best and it's the most important part of the process.

I'm glad all the hard work paid off!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You are all very kind. The kids are so yummy and really love home made goodies. There is nothing like a soft squishy 3 year old first thing in the morning!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Great picture and so much fun!
    Thanks for sharing!!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

How fun! You ARE too young to be a grandma. How were the pancakes?

• crl_
    11 years ago

How wonderful!

• taggie
    11 years ago

Fabulous! What a great morning for you. :) And you are so right, that really is what a great functioning kitchen is all about, isn't it.

• cluelessincolorado
    11 years ago

I'd say those MUST be your sons but for the wonderful pictures posted with the real ones at your slab shopping! Lovely photo and great KAW! Still am enamored with your sink, your slabs, your cabs...

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

I remember also. such sweet looking gkids! so happy for you that your dream of the kitchen and USE of it have come true!

hope you have many more times like in the picture.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Love the little bakers! Grandbabies are the best. Hopefully the two that live a half hour from us will visit today and we will bake cookies. It may be a Facetime day because this Mimi misses all her grandbabies!

Keep those pictures coming of the kitchen in action!