Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances

Posted by sudhisrinu (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 9:10

I am in the process building my new house. Wondering where is the best place to buy kitchen applinaces. Can anyone please help me to provide a direction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances

It depends on your budget and philosophy.
I chose to by local so I didn't have to say good Bye local and supported a couple of family run businesses.
I also wanted medium high end appliances and many of the box stores don't carry them. I also think the family run business installers might be higher quality
Many of the higher end appliances are fair trade and the price is the same no matter where you buy - but keep an eye out for specials. I got nice discounts on my elux fridge and Wolf cooktop and oven.

o

We also bought local. We try to whenever possible. They had the same prices as online and the big box stores. They knew their product and their repair people after being in business a few decades. But we too bought a higher line of appliances after reading so many horror stories about the Whirlpool/GE families of appliances.

o

I also bought my appliances at a local appliance specialty store. They were very helpful and they matched Sears prices on identical items.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here