Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sogofan

Blanco Silgranit Anthracite sink - how to sanitize?

sogofan
9 years ago

I am planning a kitchen remodel soon, and I have learned a lot by reading these forums. Thank you for all of the ideas and information that you have shared!

I have purchased a Blanco #440194 anthracite sink, but I keep wondering about deep cleaning. I know that chlorine bleach can damage it, but that is what I use on my old white sink to sanitize it and other containers that I wash and soak in the sink. What do you use to sanitize your black granite sink?

Thank you for any ideas on this!

Comments (4)

• User
    9 years ago

Soap and water is more than enough to sanitize any surface.

Or, a 10% solution of bleach and water if you're paranoid. That is what is used in the restaurant industry, while homeowners continue to go way overboard in their mixes.

• sogofan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks hollysprings. That is probably true. It just seems as though it would be good to use a stronger cleaner from time to time, but maybe I am mistaken.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Maybe some vinegar, if you are more organic.
    I have an Anthracite sink and pretty much rely on the dishwashing soap to sanitize, I use Dawn. No sick people here...

• sogofan
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ctycdm, I have heard of Dawn for many years, but only since I've been lurking on these forums have I learned that it is apparently better than most dish soaps. I plan to use it in my soap pump when I have my sink installed, so your comment is helpful.