Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queensinfo

Delta signature vs. Kohler Forte (stainless)

queensinfo
15 years ago

Any opinions on which one is a better faucet? Would i have enough space below an upper cabinet to comfortably use the forte? Anyone with installed pictures so i can see how much space there is?

thanks!

Comments (9)

• vizslalover
    15 years ago

We're very happy with our Forte. Even convinced my mom to get the same faucet for her recent kitchen facelift. You should have no problems using it under a cabinet. Ours is at a corner sink but is off to one side so is still under and upper cabinet. The Forte is tall, but nowhere near as tall as other faucets like the Vinnata etc.
    This isn't the best shot of my kitchen but its probably the best angle for seeing the Forte under the cabinet.

• glad
    15 years ago

I looked at both of these, The Kohler is taller, but should fit under your cabinet if no towel holder under there as well. I ruled it out because of that. There are two measurements you should consider if you have height concerns and all of these faucets have spec sheets showing them. First, the height of the faucet itself. Second the max. height if the lever when you turn on the water.
    I think the Kohler is the nicer looking faucet

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad. Thanks. you said exactly what i was concerned about. in the old kitchen we had the paper towel holder above the sink. I like the finish on the delta better but i thin the color looks a little bronzy. i need to bring my sink to home depot and test it out. What about the moen extensa although i dont love the big black rubber on the back.

• glad
    15 years ago

i agree with you about the brownish tone on the delta. i was going to get the chrome, so not an issue. but i went with the grohe alira in the end. i wasn't crazy about the placement of the sprya/stream switch on the delta (on the side of the sprayer). It was more expensive, but I got a decent price online.

• ni_2006
    15 years ago

I've had the Kohler Forte installed for a few months now. I don't have any upper cabinets above the sink, but I can't imagine how it would interfere with such cabinets. Here is a picture. (Note: The faucet and other sink accessories were not installed completely when this picture was taken.) By the way, I like the faucet a lot!

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks. still not sure but i did pick up a soap dispenser at home depot today that has an extra long nozzle.

ni 2006, which soap dispenser do you have?

• ni_2006
    15 years ago

Hi queenkitchen, our soap dispenser is from Lowe's. I think it was $19.99 or something like that. It works great!

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks. i just found a pegasus soap dispensor at home depot that has an extended reach (like 5 inches or something) so i think i will go with that since many people seem to complain that theirs dont reach far enough into the sink.

• melh22
    9 years ago

Hi Glad- COuld you tell me what color/brand your backsplash tile is please? I have similar colors in my kitchen and I am looking for a backsplash to coordinate. Thanks!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville